Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer punch change frustrations Dilon 650

I'm well into my 3rd year with the 650, and, switching out the primer punch for large and small primers kills me.

Any special tools? Anything I try involves painful 1/8" turns, and pulling out the damn primer ramp and primer cup holder yields a marginal improvement (to exaggerate), and requires two DIFFERENT sized hex wrenches, and working upside down.

Dillon -- what about a screw in the end of the punch? Not to complain, but this really is vexing - the rest of the change-over is no big deal.

Steve

Boo,

Cheat!

First, remove the nylon primer cam, attached to the upper right side of the frame by one allen bolt. No adjustment, it is either on or off.

With this off, pull the handle down-you now have much more room to swing the wrench. Easy! :cheers:

Boo,

Cheat!

First, remove the nylon primer cam, attached to the upper right side of the frame by one allen bolt. No adjustment, it is either on or off.

With this off, pull the handle down-you now have much more room to swing the wrench. Easy! :cheers:

:blush: I, uh, never even thought about removing that part. Looking at it....you're right! Thx, Dillon. I'll try it next time.

The threads in the platform on mine were tight so I had to turn it out one flat at a time with a wrench. I chased the threads with a tap and can now turn the punch by hand until it is snug and the tighten with one turn of the wrench. Much easier.

• 1 month later...