Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages from this weekend

Winds were howling at Ukumehame this weekend so we canceled by mutual consent...noticed people may be turning this forum into p2000lefty's de-facto database so here's what we were going to do....

The "barrel port" in stages 2 and 4 is mounted on a "lazy susan" type plate and can swing in an arc as the shooter engages through it.

The other "half" of our club shoots SASS so we share props.

We shoot in one big bay (set up two, shoot, tear down, set up two more, shoot again) so we've gotten into the habit of reusing props and targets for subsequent stage set-ups when designing matches.

Our wall panels are 6'X8' so there's not as much running as there may appear to be.

Three_Ten_To_Kahului.DOC

16_IPSC_STL_24___Season_3.DOC

Swing_Or_Move.DOC

7_IPSC_STL_Caught_In_The_Middle.DOC

Edited by gino_aki

Ukumehame
Isn't that a little guitar? I like the first stage, but I don't have a stage coach right handy. I assume posting the stages is permission to try them out. I can substitute a table and chair for the stage coach or maybe a counter. I'll plan on shooting this during our shoot late next month. Thanks for the stages. I have been running out of ideas.

PS I like the last stage too, but with so many new shooters, I don't know about the up range movement.

Edited by Ron Ankeny

The 24 stage, T-10, there could be a problem with shoot through on the target behind the wall, and the wall behind T-10 is going to get tore up. Other than that, lots of movement in the stages, good stuff.

gino_aki,

This looks like a fun and challenging match to shoot. Though it is a long way from Wisconsin and I may not be able to make it.

You have the combination of a gift for stage design and the props to put it together. I hope that the winds calm down there so you can shoot. I would be curious to see the results for these stages. Thank you for sharing.

DVC,

p2000lefty

Ukumehame
Isn't that a little guitar? I like the first stage, but I don't have a stage coach right handy. I assume posting the stages is permission to try them out. I can substitute a table and chair for the stage coach or maybe a counter. I'll plan on shooting this during our shoot late next month. Thanks for the stages. I have been running out of ideas.

PS I like the last stage too, but with so many new shooters, I don't know about the up range movement.

Naw, you're thinking about an ukulele :roflol:, Ukumehame is the name of the range and the surrounding area. Any stages I post are fair game to use and critique, so please feel free.

The 24 stage, T-10, there could be a problem with shoot through on the target behind the wall, and the wall behind T-10 is going to get tore up. Other than that, lots of movement in the stages, good stuff.

Our wall panels actually have about a foot gap at the bottom where the ends are legs that we stick into target stands or "feet" to hold them, so shots on T 10 won't necessarily tear them up much. That and they're made with 2X2's and plastic mesh to make them more wind proof. So if we couldn't shoot you can gauge the wind speed; I think gusts were around 40 mph. Our ground is fairly soft right now due to recent rains and we usually lay a piece of carpet down underneath the "lay-downs" to control the ricochets.

Edited by gino_aki

• 1 month later...

We got to run these, but I substituted CM 99-09 "Long Range Standards" for "24...Season Three" because the guys wanted a classifier. Results posted for those who asked and photos of Stage 1 and Jeff Stone running it. That's Barry (HI 5-0) RO-ing. My scores are inaccurate because I should've been scored minor.

2009.04.26_Pistol_All_divisions.txt

2009.04.26_Pistol_Finals__Combined_divisions.txt

post-5998-1241463681_thumb.jpg

post-5998-1241463705_thumb.jpg

post-5998-1241463748_thumb.jpg

post-5998-1241463786_thumb.jpg

post-5998-1241463831_thumb.jpg