Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I remove a stock steel Glock front night sight?

Cuz

Hello,

I want to replace the night sights that came with my Glock 26. They are factory steel Glock night sights. I have a tool for the rear sight, but I'm not sure what's holding the front sight in. It looks like the portion of the sight that protrudes into the slide is just mashed outward in all directions to hold it on.

What I need to know is how do I take it off so that I can install it on another Glock?

And, of course, how do I then install the sight on the other Glock?

Thanks,

-Cuz.

If it is staked as you say you nee to punch it out. Use a small punch and tap it out. When you install it on the new slide, peen it over like it is currently. It should have a sqaured off area that lines it up in the slide.

Edited by h2osport

They're staked/swaged in place. Like h2o said, you can use a small punch to remove it. But, reinstalling it in another glock might not be so simple without damaging the tube (not saying it can't be done).

I've done a few of the glock night site installs with the tool from glock and it is a pain in the okole. The instructions with the tool says to install the front site with some type of glue (I use the Loctite Black Max adhesive). In the beginning, some of the front sites flew off until we replaced the thumb screw with a hex head bolt on the factory tool to use a wrench to apply more pressure to swage the stud.

Try it and if it doesn't work, I would buy new sites (except glocks) if you really want night sites.

Thanks for the info. In retrospect I should have just gotten the gun with regular Glock sights so I wouldn't feel bad about trashing them. I guess I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

I guess if I trash the front sight I can always keep the rears and just buy an Ameriglo front sight or something.

-Cuz.