Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal magnum large pistol primers

Guninhand

Hi folks,

Federal primers are scarce in these parts but I know of a flat of magnum large pistol and I'm shooting 45acp in a 6 lb trigger 625. Are the magnum primers just as sensitive as the LP and what adjustment to the cartridge load will I have to make to adjust for the magnum factor? TIA.

Hi folks,

Federal primers are scarce in these parts but I know of a flat of magnum large pistol and I'm shooting 45acp in a 6 lb trigger 625. Are the magnum primers just as sensitive as the LP and what adjustment to the cartridge load will I have to make to adjust for the magnum factor? TIA.

The magnums are as sensitive as the 150's. I've chronographed both, same deal as you, I could only find magnums, velocities were the same, I was loading with WST.

Hi folks,

The magnums are as sensitive as the 150's. I've chronographed both, same deal as you, I could only find magnums, velocities were the same, I was loading with WST.

+1 use whatever you can find.