Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get quick feet?

Bigpops

Well after todays match....quick feet is the last thing I need to worry about. I think I need a SHRINK!!

Two major brain fades on two different stages. To make matters worse, once I goof up I go into panic mode and fire away. Had a few Mikes which I cannot stand. Failed to reload before going to weak hand. (so that's why I ran out of bullets :surprise::surprise: )

Oh, and lets not forget the beautiful...ultra fast reload....that was not fully seated.

Anyone wanna take up Ping- pong with me? :) Then again that requires thought too!

Well, I know who you are now... B)

Yesterday was a "Go Fast" day for me. I was practicing shooting at a faster pace at the same match. I had my share of mikes, but I firmly believe you have to push the edge to get the edge to move. It was a good match to utilize for this.

Thread Drift: The two field courses at York's last match were mine. I have given Howard more for the April match too. They are, um, difficult stages, ya lets go with that... ;)

Well Friday...congrats! Your the first person I have met from this forum. I now have a face to put with the ID.

You seemed to be doing very well. Surprised you had any Mikes....then again how the heck would I know...I couldn't see any targets anyway! :roflol:

Hope to see you at York and this time perhaps we can chat more. I was a little pre-occupied yesterday with registration, loading up, and watching the little man.

Nice to meet you! (even if you are AF) :cheers:

Go Navy!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing some running and lifting to get into better shape and improve my speed as well. I've left about 40lbs at the gym so far and can tell a HUGE difference in my quickness.

Aside from the typical stuff that's been reccommended already, I've been playing a lot of Racquetball. It involves a lot of very short sprints, quick turns, and footwork is essential to get set up before each shot(sound familiar?) Has anybody else tried this? I'm not sure that it's helping much, but it certainly seems to require the same kind of quickness and agility used for IPSC shooting. Can't hurt right?

Rob

I have been working on my acceleration quite a bit as of late. Leg presses, squats, wind sprints, etc. I had a different problem last match, my legs were moving faster than my trigger finger! Apparently my feet were so far ahead of my body that it was comical to watch.