Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major/Minor?

DeadWoodDan

The minimum power factor (bullet weight in grains times feet per second) in any division is 125,000. Your ammo must meed this requirement to make minor. If you don't make minor your scores don't count. All of production division is scored minor no matter how powerful your ammo is. To "make major" in limited or open you have to make 165,000 power factor. Minor scoring penalizes hits outside the A Zone more severely than Major scoring. to make Major in limited you have to use at least a 40 caliber diameter bullet. You can pump up major 9 and 38 super and shoot major in open. Clear as Mud?

Welcome DeadWoodDan. This forum is pretty much USPSA oriented but there is another shooting organization with competition similar to USPSA. It is IDPA. Go to IDPA.com for rules and other info. I shoot both and enjoy both...others do not. Both sites have a club finder feature to help locate clubs near you. Enjoy.

FWIW

Richard

PS: No debate necessary.

Edited by chirpy

I went back and read the original post. Dan didn't ask anything about competition :huh: Just what major and minor meant. I guess we are sort of competition oriented :rolleyes:

Later,

Chuck

PS: and to build on what Chirpy said, we also have Steel Challenge, Bianchi, SASS, 3 Gun, Multi Gun, ICORE, and trying to beat Merlin in the classifieds...

Edited by ChuckS

A BIG THANKS to all!!! this is by far one the most productive sites i have visited. Was referred to the site on ar-15.com when i started asking more complicated questions about reloading for .40 S&W and competition shoots. Have read many articles on the sport, and just can't get enough. Hope to make it to at least one match this summer.

Thanks for the links i really needed that. Always seem to get sidetracked reading some post, and can never get enough time on PC with 4 of us and one PC :wacko:

Thanks again, never to much info when it comes to my questions always wanting to learn more

:cheers:

I went back and read the original post. Dan didn't ask anything about competition :huh: Just what major and minor meant. I guess we are sort of competition oriented :rolleyes:

Later,

Chuck

PS: and to build on what Chirpy said, we also have Steel Challenge, Bianchi, SASS, 3 Gun, Multi Gun, ICORE, and trying to beat Merlin in the classifieds...

How would you define Major / Minor outside of the rules of USPSA or IPSC competition?

Calmwater, I would say factory ammo...

MAJOR = .357 mag., .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 10mm, .44 Spl. , .44 mag, and .45 Colt

minor = 9mm, .38 spl., .38 Super

Others might not agree and /or add something to the list.

JMHOFWIW

Richard

Calmwater, I would say factory ammo...

MAJOR = .357 mag., .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 10mm, .44 Spl. , .44 mag, and .45 Colt

minor = 9mm, .38 spl., .38 Super

Others might not agree and /or add something to the list.

JMHOFWIW

Richard

I'd have to move .38 Super to Major. In factory ammo it has more energy than .45acp and isn't far behind .357 Mag. I'd also add .357 Sig to Major as well. R,