Here are the rules:

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may

enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may

compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first

attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will

not count for match recognition.

6.2.4.1 Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple

Divisions for match recognition.

Actually, you cannot shoot two different divisions at an Area (level 3) or Section/State (level 2) match for score in both divisions. And you can only shoot a second division for the fun of it, if you have prior approval for the match director. From the rulebook:

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may

compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will

6.2.4.1 Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition.

Hope that helps.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Oops -- ChuckS beat me to it.

Edited by LChico

In our monthly club matches we only have 10-20 people and matches are level 1 . We don't have any prizes and glory is only what winner gets. We try to get all fun out after building stages up together. Many have two or three division guns and gear to shoot if there are more people you can only shoot one division. After matches we tear the stages down.

For the club championship you can shoot only one division. It is also level 1 match. That is how we do it.

• 1 year later...

Actually, you cannot shoot two different divisions at an Area (level 3) or Section/State (level 2) match for score in both divisions. And you can only shoot a second division for the fun of it, if you have prior approval for the match director. From the rulebook:

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may

compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will

6.2.4.1 Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition.

Hope that helps.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Oops -- ChuckS beat me to it.

I realize this thread is over a year old but I am hoping for some clarification. It appears that several folks are suggesting that even at Level I matches (where entry to multiple divisions is in fact allowed) that the second effort is "for fun" only. I found a document explaining the 2004 rule change that added 6.2.4.1 which seems to indicate that the second division is in fact "for real", i.e. for "match recognition". The explanation of how this came about and why seems to remove any doubt.

http://www.uspsa8.org/docs/2004%20Rules%20A8%20AD%20Comments.pdf

If this has changed since 2004 would someone please cite the change for me?

Thanks

William Daugherty

Plainfield, NH

--- snip --- It appears that several folks are suggesting that even at Level I matches (where entry to multiple divisions is in fact allowed) that the second effort is "for fun" only. --- snip ---

Direct those folks to the middle of page 25 and and have them read 6.2.4.1

Later,

Chuck

ETA: The key word is "may" so the individual MD can allow it or not.

Edited by ChuckS

--- snip --- It appears that several folks are suggesting that even at Level I matches (where entry to multiple divisions is in fact allowed) that the second effort is "for fun" only. --- snip ---

Direct those folks to the middle of page 25 and and have them read 6.2.4.1

Later,

Chuck

ETA: The key word is "may" so the individual MD can allow it or not.

So, are you saying that if the MD is on board that I can in fact shoot Production and Limited/10 in the same match? For points?

I'm just trying to make sure I am 100% clear on the rules.

Thanks for the reply

William Daugherty

Plainfield, NH

So, are you saying that if the MD is on board that I can in fact shoot Production and Limited/10 in the same match? For points?

Yes.

Yep, you can shoot for score in multiple divisions if the MD allows it for a Level I match.

You can shoot multiple divisions if the MD allows it for a Level II or III match, but only the first one counts for score.