Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Match

Just wanted to go ahead and get this one on the board (I have already posted it on the BE Calendar). The match will be December 12, 2009 at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, in Columbia, SC. Again, we will have 7 stages, approx 180 rounds. Same format - bring a toy and you can play....

As usual, sponsor donated prizes will be given away to competitors via random drawing. Please be sure the remember our sponsors' generousity when shopping for your shooting needs.

One new thing - The drawing for the American Shooters Edge "Match Challenge" will be done at this match. So, be sure to register with American Shooters Edge so you can have a chance at the winning (you need not be present to win in this drawing).

More updates to be posted later in the year.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueridge, We look forward to having y'all back! We did have a bunch of Revo guys, didn't we?

Lee, Not sure we should should be asking Linda about registration for T4T at this time... :blink: She might strangle us. As for the ASE Match Challenge - its a contingency program Sam Conway set-up for this year. He will be giving away a gun (an STI Tru-bor or Edge) at the Toys for Tots. Pretty cool.

As for the ASE Match Challenge - its a contingency program Sam Conway set-up for this year. He will be giving away a gun (an STI Tru-bor or Edge) at the Toys for Tots. Pretty cool.

How is the contingency going to work? Like the STI contingency where you get $x in STI bucks for winning your class?

As for the ASE Match Challenge - its a contingency program Sam Conway set-up for this year. He will be giving away a gun (an STI Tru-bor or Edge) at the Toys for Tots. Pretty cool.

How is the contingency going to work? Like the STI contingency where you get $x in STI bucks for winning your class?

Lee,

No $$'s. You get an entry in the gun drawing for each match you shoot wearing an ASE hat or shirt. I have asked Sam to send me details.

Blueridge, We look forward to having y'all back! We did have a bunch of Revo guys, didn't we?Lee, Not sure we should should be asking Linda about registration for T4T at this time... :blink: She might strangle us. As for the ASE Match Challenge - its a contingency program Sam Conway set-up for this year. He will be giving away a gun (an STI Tru-bor or Edge) at the Toys for Tots. Pretty cool.

Interesting. I will have to keep my eye on this one.

I even see Nemo may be coming! I wonder if he will be shooting a round gun?

Does Otis make this match?

41mag

Blueridge, We look forward to having y'all back! We did have a bunch of Revo guys, didn't we?Lee, Not sure we should should be asking Linda about registration for T4T at this time... :blink: She might strangle us. As for the ASE Match Challenge - its a contingency program Sam Conway set-up for this year. He will be giving away a gun (an STI Tru-bor or Edge) at the Toys for Tots. Pretty cool.

Interesting. I will have to keep my eye on this one.

I even see Nemo may be coming! I wonder if he will be shooting a round gun?

Does Otis make this match?

41mag

He did not make it this time Pat. Maybe he will for 09.

• 7 months later...

Jack and Linda,

I really want to participate in this years match, however my daughter is due around that time.

If my wife is doing well I have been given permission to shoot this if I am not able to shoot then I would still like to donate to the cause.

It is very important one for me. I think all kids should have something to open receive for Christmas.

If there is a way to donate if you don't shoot would you please let me know.

Thanks,

John Lovell

Jack and Linda,

I really want to participate in this years match, however my daughter is due around that time.

If my wife is doing well I have been given permission to shoot this if I am not able to shoot then I would still like to donate to the cause.

It is very important one for me. I think all kids should have something to open receive for Christmas.

If there is a way to donate if you don't shoot would you please let me know.

Thanks,

John Lovell

John,

Just send a donation to me or send it wihit someone to the match. I'll be getting more info out in the next week or two. take care.

Jack

I just found out that my local fencing club :sight: has a tournament on the same weekend. I am torn as to which to go to, the T4T or the (Gold, Frankensense, and Myrrder) :rolleyes: fencing tournament. Last year was so fun that I might have to forego the fencing tournament. The club will be unhappy if I am not there, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made.

Now to find that "perfect" toy to be my entry fee. :D

I'll be keeping my eye out for the opening of registration. As I recall it fills up fast, and I would hate for it to fill up before I get an entry in.

Edited by Blueridge

I just found out that my local fencing club :sight: has a tournament on the same weekend. I am torn as to which to go to, the T4T or the (Gold, Frankensense, and Myrrder) :rolleyes: fencing tournament. Last year was so fun that I might have to forego the fencing tournament. The club will be unhappy if I am not there, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made.

Gun play is more fun.....

Gun play is more fun.....

In this case I have to agree....... Being one of the "Big Dogs" (their words, not mine) at the fencing club, they like to have as many of us there as possible. It is just so heartwarming to see a plethora of revolver shooters at a match, and get to shoot with almost an entire squad of them. :cheers:

Up until today I was considering missing the T4T match, but after reading this thread I changed my mind. I'll have more fun shooting the match than fencing at the tournament. There are fencing tournaments every month, but the T4T only happens once a year. :D

Edited by Blueridge

John, I understand and agree with your priorities, but I still hope you can make it!

I hope to be there as well. Currently due date is 12/20 but she can come early but I am hoping on time or later.

John,

Make sure you register (when its available). You can always cancel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:sight:

Maybe they still have Nerf Fencing gear......That would be a cool toy to bring. :D

( figured that I would give the thread a bump.)

Ah-Ha! I found the broadsword version of the nerf swords, and I have it in my closet ready to go to the match. :D

Just waiting for the applications to open up. As I remember the slots filled up quite fast last year, and I would hate to miss it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...