Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IDPA Match! & first post

scottrebello

What an amazing time! The shooting was excellent, but the people were awesome! Everyone was absolutely great. My SO, Irene and I were both firsAt timers and the club and everyone to an individual were cordial friendly and enthusiastic. Im in Sacramento CA. Got our second IDPA in 2 weeks then our USPS class the following week. This forum has been an invaluable resource as well, thanks to all here!

My Kimber was spot on and Irene's 3 day old Glock 34 shot great. It was her second time shooting it and only her 4th time shooting a gun! We weren't sure if she was gonna be able to shoot as her Blade-Tech gear only came in on saturday. She managed to hit every target on every stage. No hostages and no fail to neutralize. She even got to shoot a shotgun at one stage! Missed x2 at the steel but promptly dispatched them with her pistol. I also shot a couple of clean stages, much to my surprise. What a great day for shooting!

If anyone is here thinking about doing it please believe everything you hear here, at least about how nice everyone is.

Thanks again to all here for the info.

Scott

Thanks for the welcome all! Cant wait to shoot IPSC as well. Looking forward to more rounds and movement. One thing I gotta figure out is how to get more money toward my gun! My SO got Dawson sights and a Vanek trigger headed her way for the Glock and I got nothing but several thousand rounds of brass waiting to be reloaded :blink: Oh well off to the garage.

Thanks again to all

Scott

Edited by scottrebello

Once you play some gun games you can't go back to stand and shoot

Truer words were never spoken - or typed, as the case may be. Once you're into the action pistol shooting sports, going to an indoor range to stand in one spot, shooting slow fire on one target, becomes WAY too boring. It's like going back to kindergarten.