Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Senior"

Does anybody know why the application for the IRC has "senior" class @ 55+ while at the Southwest it is 60+?

Is there an IRC rule or is it catch as catch can per match?

Thanks

Underlug, There's nothing in the rulebook for special recognition at the matches. 55 has been senior for the IRC for the last few years. Later rdd

Does anybody know why the application for the IRC has "senior" class @ 55+ while at the Southwest it is 60+?

Is there an IRC rule or is it catch as catch can per match?

Thanks

Underlug, There's nothing in the rulebook for special recognition at the matches. 55 has been senior for the IRC for the last few years. Later rdd

Thank you, Bubber. I should have known you would be the expert on age. I am the expert on inconsistency

IIRC ICORE has accepted the IRC as its national championship but the IRC is a privately owned match and as such does not have to follow ICORE rules. ICORE has no rule (i just checked the online rules) regarding age ie: junior, senior, supersenior. The IRC has recognition categories that it has established for many years.

Even though it is a privately owned match, as are all matches in ICORE, they are still to follow ICORE rules. There is just leway in things not covered in the rule book,such as special recognition cattegories. So that the match director is not tied to having to recognize categories that may no be present in his area. At l;east that is what I recall . Later rdd

Edited by Bubber

Even though it is a privately owned match, as are all matches in ICORE, they are still to follow ICORE rules. There is just leway in things not covered in the rule book,such as special recognition cattegories. So that the match director is not tied to having to recognize categories that may no be present in his area. At l;east that is what I recall . Later rdd

Thanks for the explanation Bubber and all. I didn't really care, it just seemed odd.

Bubba knows because he was there IN THE BEGINNING.... He MADE the light out of the darkness and wrote the original rule book.

which only he and Jeff Foxworthy could read

Bubba and the rest of the Arizona Wildbunch got me started in ICORE years back.