Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to reloading and need some serious help.

tritus

Hi everyone i really don't post a lot, so bear with me, i'm ready to get a reloader ( Dillon 650 ) but i have to admit that i have never don't this before, never. And i have a tons of question.

Right now i shoot only 45 acp and that's what i going to ger started with, #1 can a bullet be loaded specifically for less recoil and muzzle climb,but not lose any or a lot of is effectiveness ( personal defense, not competition ). #2 there is a TON of equipment in brian site for this machines and i a little overwhelm, can you tell me just the basics for now.

And finally is there a pdf or online owner's manual for the 650 so i can start getting and idea how to work this beast. thanks in advance.

can a bullet be loaded specifically for less recoil and muzzle climb,but not lose any or a lot of is effectiveness ( personal defense, not competition ).

I would not reload ammo for defense - legality issues.

there is a TON of equipment in brian site for this machines and i a little overwhelm, can you tell me just the basics for now.

there are threads already on this.

And finally is there a pdf or online owner's manual for the 650 so i can start getting and idea how to work this beast. thanks in advance.

Yes, go to www.dillonprecision.com

Racerba, bekeeler thanks for the answers, i was not aware of legalities when it comes to reloading for self defense, i will be doing some research on google.

Btw if i than reload for practices is there a way to reduce recoil and muzzle raise, or is this not possible.

Yes with different powders and bullet wieght,s you can make a 45 feel softer snappier adjust the to what feels best for you. You need to read a good loading manual before you get started. Get advice from other shooters but always go by the manual to determine powder charges. Again read a good manual do not start reloading with out reading about first. A good example my first reloading experience was not very good. A friend told me he knew all about reloading so not really knowing the differance I let him guide me with my first reload without proper manual. He said to load a 30-06 with 20 grains of bullseye ( one of the fastest burning pistol powders). I had to have a gunsmith work on the rifle to free the blown up case. I learned a valuable leason read the manual.

I would suggest you look at the Dillon Square Deal B and start with it. Great loader and all you will need for a single caliber. Much easier than a 650 to learn and much cheaper also. If/when you grow out of it they have great resale value.