Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Gun Nats Stages

wide45

I just looked at the stages for the Race Gun Nats. If they do a reasonable job of setting up the stages, 20 out of 32 are revo neutral.

It would have been no extra work to make the rest acceptable, with no loss of shootability.

What do you think of the stages?

What would you like to see different?

The stage PDF's are on the results page at USPSA.ORG

Unfortunately, you must now sign in with the passwords.

I wish i were going.... but looking at the open and limited stages it looks like they are going to use the same props with slight variations and change the target placement around a bit. not many completly different looking stages. I think that the people that shoot both guns will have a slight advantage the second week.

No one thinks that the Revo neutral stages suck?  :o

I don't really care either way...prob. better that they are. That way, nobody can claim someone won on mag capacity, which nobody really should. Winning should be on skill, not how much money you can sink into gear. But I know where you're coming from....looks like my STI bigstik will stay in the bag...

Revo neutral means we get to shoot 3 or 4 arrays before reloading. Now if this were the Factory Gun nats and we had 10-round mags, 6 round arrays would suck.

They've done back-to-back before, moving targets and props around between matches, and the stages were considerably different in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...

No, you are not :)

They moved target arrays around, replaced static targets with swingers (and vice versa), added lots of no-shoots, added more targets...

While similar, IMO the Open is more technically challanging yet less...fun. I miss the "baby in the barrel" prop, darn it...

Alex