Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf Slides all have bullnose feature?

ciscoip

I was just looking at the Lone Wolf slides and thought they looked like a great deal. However, I'm kind of bummed that all the ones I'd be interested in (17, 17L, 34, 35, 24) all have the ugly bull nose.

Personally, I think the bull nose is ugly, especially if you're using one of the aforementioned slides and trying to mate it up with a compensator. Oh well.

From what I have heard from other shooters, the bull nose is the least of your worries. Lone Wolf is a good company, but their slides still need some work to be as functional as a stock Glock slide.

I picked up a Lone Wolf G17 slide and have put about 1500 rounds down range with it so far. I REALLY like it. The gun runs 100% and feels slightly more nose heavy than the stock slide and I prefer a front heavy gun so it's good.

I'm using it with a Storm Lake barrel and a Wolff SS guide rod and 13lb spring. I couldn't be happier.

What is bull nose? I've heard of pig nose, but not bull nose. Are they the same?

It's the severe rounding of the edges of the slide. Some of the Glock models come with this sort of rounding as standard (Glock 34/35), while most Glocks have square corners on the front of their slides. Compare a stock glock 17 slide to the picture of Lone Wolf's Glock 17 slide.

It has nothing to do with adding slide weight; if anything, the rounding off of the corners should reduce slide weight.