Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag choices? for Lim10?

Ridgerunnr

If you're shooting 40 S&W factory I'd get the factory mags with my H-400 pads. You'll have no problem with factory 40 and 10 rounds with this setup. The mags will hold more than 10 rounds, but you just load them to 10.

If you're reloading and making your rounds LONGER than factory (OAL 1.135") then get the 10mm mags or the 40 competition mags from me.

You'll find everything on this page;

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/magazines.html

Or you can call me (720) 352 1080 and we'll figure everything out together.

Ridgerunnr> Henning is the man and will be able to hook you up on what you need. Normally the mags don't start giving you problems until you cram 19+ rounds into them. Less than 19 rounds and pretty much all of the mags work great. If you are going to be shooting Limited-10 then stick with the stock magazine followers and spring and you shouldnt have any issues. You might want to change the base pads simply because it makes performing the reload a little easier since there is more "meat" to grab onto and seat into the gun when doing the reload. Good luck and have fun!!!

What you said you were going to buy Dave :P

Phil, the factory mags are the 'cheapest' option out there. But, if you ever want to shoot Limited, you'll have to upgrade to Henning's pads with grams guts. You'll save a few bucks if you just get them right from the start, and they'll have better resale too, in case I want to buy them from you. Get the 10mm mags and load long. You're welcome to borrow mine to get you started for now. I'll probably be focusing on SS until nationals anyway, or we can share.

Dave#1..lol...Thanks for the offer to borrow mags. Id love to just buy the Hennings 21 rounders but at 95 each and 4- 5 of em its worth it to me to save the dough and go cheap...lol for now anyway. I still need to get a 40 conversion kit for the dillon and all the lead and brass ect. plus mag carriers and holster etc etc SO the cost keeps adding up of course. If i need to borrow i'll give you a shout for sure.

Dave #2....I bought the same gun you did for Darci..Limited 40..I went to Winona and checked out the one Dave G bought and loved it. Should be here Wed or Thursday

If you decide to shoot limited and dont want to spend too much at once than buy one 21rd mag and run your other mags as factory 15rd, most stages never go over 32 rounds. Then as money comes available upgrade the rest. FWI I run one 21rd mag and the rest are 18rd with H-550 pads, the H-550 pads are more comfortable for reloads but thats my opinion, I now others that would rather reload with a 21rd mag.

at the very least,...get some of Henning mag pads...they allow the mag to be seated easier,..which is a must for L10. Trust me,..here in Canada.,..every division is L10 (10rd mag law).

Make sure your slide ONLY locks back when your mag is empty..not with 1rd left in the mag. This may involve trimming the flat shelve on the follower that pushes the slide stop up. IN my case,..i also trimmed to the slide release to make it more difficult for the slide release to accidentally stop the slide...