Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wife won't shoot what I have

Franklin D Wolverton

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? [back]

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

That's straight from the BATFE website and not some internet lawyer.

I am loaning your wife a handgun, and according to what is written, I'd think I could ship the handgun to you and not be in violation of any law.

Looks good to me. PM me with the info you need.

Thanks again for all your help. Wife has been complaining for a couple years that I'm gone all weekend. Finally talked her into coming out a few months ago to shoot, and she loved it.

She says thank you very much...

If you're coming to SS Nats, watch out. She's huggy :blush:

BTW... I looked up that gun. It's not TERRIBLY expensive. Looks like I'm gonna have to save up :cheers:

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Looks good to me. PM me with the info you need.

Thanks again for all your help. Wife has been complaining for a couple years that I'm gone all weekend. Finally talked her into coming out a few months ago to shoot, and she loved it.

She says thank you very much...

If you're coming to SS Nats, watch out. She's huggy :blush:

BTW... I looked up that gun. It's not TERRIBLY expensive. Looks like I'm gonna have to save up :cheers:

Frank

Ya she is huggy, but that's a good thing. ;)

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

I am loaning your wife a handgun, and according to what is written, I'd think I could ship the handgun to you and not be in violation of any law.

Please check out B8 " or to a LICENSEE in any state". If youre going to ship interstate , the reciever MUST be a FFL. Was a FFL for 31 years and don't want you to get in trouble. The ATF monitors this site, I'm sure.

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

Please check out B8 " or to a LICENSEE in any state". If youre going to ship interstate , the reciever MUST be a FFL. Was a FFL for 31 years and don't want you to get in trouble. The ATF monitors this site, I'm sure.

Tin foil hat in place. I will contact the ATF in the morning to confirm what needs to be done.

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

Tin foil hat in place. I will contact the ATF in the morning to confirm what needs to be done.

It only makes since to call... don't cost nothing and could save you a pack of trouble if you missed something.

Kgunz11,

I can go to almost any gun store and borrow or rent a gun from them and be perfectly legal. I cannot; however, receive a gun at my own address without an FFL wheather I am buying it or borrowing it. Please check on the regs before shipping any serial numbered gun part to a non-licensed reciepient.

I bought her a Baretta 92, and she loves it... so now I have to find a 9mm 1911 for her.........................

If she loves the 92 why are you looking for a 1911. And from experience, if she is set on the 9mm dont try to push her anywhere else. Just let her shoot 9 and thank your lucky stars she shoots at all. If you try to force her into something she will resist just to resist (thank God the missus doesnt read this board).

Ourt of curiosity, why are you looking for a "1911". There are other single action autos out there that are more common; CZ, Browning HP to name a couple.

Yankee Dog

Kgunz11,

I can go to almost any gun store and borrow or rent a gun from them and be perfectly legal. I cannot; however, receive a gun at my own address without an FFL wheather I am buying it or borrowing it. Please check on the regs before shipping any serial numbered gun part to a non-licensed reciepient.

I figured it would have to go through a FFL, especially since this is interstate. Quite sure when I send it back it'll have to go through his FFL also.

Better safe than sorry, I'd say.

Frank

I will ship it to the FFL you provided. All he needs to do is verify you are legal to possess a handgun (we both know you are). He doesn't really need to transfer ownership, but I imagine your FFL will know how to handle it. Since I already own the gun, you will not have to ship it my FFL, just return it to my home address.