Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Match Clearing House

bbbean

It'd be nice if the USPSA could maintain a national calendar that not only included major matches, but also included club matches. Ideally, members could access an online calendar and on any given date pull up every scheduled club level or higher match in the country. Given that many clubs already post calendars on their websites or in their newsletters, it would seem that it wouldn't be that hard to cc the USPSA for the database. Maybe it could be included in the data sent when clubs send in classifier scores.

I've seen calendars like this for other organizations, and they're a great resource. I'd love to be able to quickly check the national calendar when I schedule a business trip or vacation and see if there was a match I could squeeze in.

Edited by bbbean

Actually there is a page on the USPSA website that lists matches above the club level and you can link out to the Area websites which may or may not have the sections and the clubs calendars available.

One BIG problem with the lower level matches is that they are sometimes less than carved in stone as to the dates. Small match, bad weather, no other matches in the vicinity, hey, we'll hold it next week. How could HQ ever hope to keep yup with that?

Jim

Great idea, but who would maintain it? If I were to look at a website for a local match, I would certainly try and contact the MD before thinking I was going to be able to shoot it.

What I'd like to see is along the lines of what USPSA already does with the club finder function. perhaps a bit more open to more types of shooting. Right now I'd have to check USPSA, IDPA, SASS and who knows who or what else.

A single point where virtually all the shooting disciplines are listed. (well, maybe not bullseye, High-power, trap, skeet and air-gun) but seriously where all the "Action Shooting Sports Here on Land" can be found. (Carefull this is not leding towards a good acronym)

Jim

One BIG problem with the lower level matches is that they are sometimes less than carved in stone as to the dates. Small match, bad weather, no other matches in the vicinity, hey, we'll hold it next week. How could HQ ever hope to keep yup with that?

I'd be happy to just know when the matches were scheduled without having to look at a half dozen websites. It wouldn't bother me to send an email or make a call to confirm that the East Podunk Pistol Shooters still plan to hold their match on a given date.

IOt'd be nice if the USPSA could maintain a national calendar that not only included major matches, but also included club matches. Ideally, members could access an online calendar and on any given date pull up every scheduled club level or higher match in the country. Given that many clubs already post calendars on their websites or in their newsletters, it would seem that it wouldn't be that hard to cc the USPSA for the database. Maybe it could be included in the data sent when clubs send in classifier scores.

That feature has existed for quite some time - too bad so few clubs use it.

Clubs can list their local matches in their club profile (www.uspsa.org/club_services - the link is on the Additional Content page, select "Edit Club Info/Schedule". Clubs can list their ICBM location, some info about the club, and their match schedule, which will then show up with their club listing in the clubfinder. Go to www.uspsa.org and enter NJ in the clubfinder to see an example.