Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Outing

packapax

I picked up my ss/od XDM 9mm on Thursday and shot it for the first time today. Walmart had 100 rounds of WWB 115g. for $19.42. Best 20 bucks I've ever spent! I bought a package of 25 yard pistol targets(about 12" diameter)with 2" bulls eye. First of all I was surprised at how easy it was to load all 19 rounds into the mew mags, no loader needed. For practicing I used to 10 rounds per mag and shot a 15, 25, and 35 yards. My first mag at 15 yards produced about a 4" group in and high right of the bullseye. 25 yards was about 9" and 35...well lets just say 9 out of 10 were on the paper. Not bad for a gun right out of the box and a shooter who hasn't shot a handgun in over a year. Before I bought the XDM I did my homework and the only real compaint I heard was about the trigger. I'm no expert but I thought the trigger was great. Crisp, smooth, and lighter than any one I have owned. I tried double taps and rapid fire at 15 yards that were "on the paper".I plan to shoot production in ISPSA this spring, and have realized that at this point I'll be better off with 2 sight pictures per target. The stainless slide did get quite a bit of black residue around the muzzel, but it cleaned up easily with some Hoppe's.No malfunctions all day. All and all it was everything I had hoped for and more.

I plan to shoot production in ISPSA this spring, and have realized that at this point I'll be better off with 2 sight pictures per target.

Oh. One of those new guys.

Watch this video:

Every shot Dave fired in that stage, was fired with a clean sight picture. The true key to shooting that fast isn't finding the perfect grip, stance, and trigger pull. It's seeing more. 6 months from now, you'll be amazed how much easier it is to track the sights as you shoot matches.

The other stuff is important, but without the ability to SEE the sights clearly in recoil, you can be very accurate. But not fast.

No one shoots what you think of as a double tap (one sight picture, two quick shots) in competition, and wins.

Edited by MemphisMechanic