Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our dishwasher is da-done for. Anyone recommend one of the Stainless Steel type? We had a Bosch 5 years ago and the seals leaked but have heard some good things lately.

Your input is appreciated.

My parents got a Bosch (model unknown) about a year ago and it broke the first week, causing a flood and ruining the hardwood floor. Bosch replaced the dishwasher (and the floor) and they haven't had any problems since.

This is what your next dishwasher should look like:

marisa_miller_bikini_swimsuit_issue.jpg

If you are worried about an expensive ultra high maintenance dishwasher stay the HELL away from models that look like this.... When these go South they take all the money you have and half the house too.

The stainless steel tank can transmit heat energy away from dishes and they cost more. The whirlpool, kitchenaid brand of dishwashers between $350 and $550 are quiet ,do dishes really well and have very few service calls. Some of the kenmore dishwashers that are rated highly are the whirlpool even the models from $398 are great. check below for some models your stores may carry.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...ool+dishwashers

This is what your next dishwasher should look like:

marisa_miller_bikini_swimsuit_issue.jpg

If you are worried about an expensive ultra high maintenance dishwasher stay the HELL away from models that look like this.... When these go South they take all the money you have and half the house too.

There is a reason I rent........

An apartment! :cheers:

Happily married for 9 years. I usually do the dishes ;)

• 4 weeks later...
before you buy a kenmore app. check this website

http://www.appliance411.com/parts/sears.shtml

sears don't make anything, they buy their appliances from maytag, GE, etc and they stamp kenmore on it.

and before you pick a kenmore over a maytag, check the model number because the kenmore your buying may be built by maytag.

the guy at Sears explained it to me as Sears contracted with Maytag to build appliances to their specifications, which they say are higher than the Maytag. We bought a Kenmore clothes washer form them and have absolutely loved it for 3 years now. We just redid our kitchen and put in all Whirlpool because of a deal we got. We have been very happy with our dishwasher. We got the GU2200, no stainless interior, but it is a tall tub, which I would recommend regardless of the brand you get.