Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Serpa holster for a Para P16 ?

I just got a serpa 1911 holster for my para P16 and of course it doesn't fit. Has any been able to modify a serpa to fit a hicap 40?
The tension adjustment (screw just below and left of the release button) must be too tight. I have two Para P16-40 pistols and they fit my Serpa with just a hint of stiction on the draw.

RonSwin

I just got a serpa 1911 holster for my para P16 and of course it doesn't fit. Has any been able to modify a serpa to fit a hicap 40?
The tension adjustment (screw just below and left of the release button) must be too tight. I have two Para P16-40 pistols and they fit my Serpa with just a hint of stiction on the draw.

RonSwin

Well I looked at mine and the hand grip was forcing the holster apart and pushing the gun forward. I could get the gun to lock in but I couldn't get it to release unless I jammed the pistol down into the holster and then pushed the release. Not convenient or very practical.

I took the directions and chucked them and then me and Mr dremel went to work. I hate to work on something right out of the box but there are times when you just have to throw caution to the wind.

I relieved a couple of spots and it seems to work OK now. I still have to get used to the finger pushin thing but so far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

RonSwin

Well I looked at mine and the hand grip was forcing the holster apart and pushing the gun forward. I could get the gun to lock in but I couldn't get it to release unless I jammed the pistol down into the holster and then pushed the release. Not convenient or very practical.

I took the directions and chucked them and then me and Mr dremel went to work. I hate to work on something right out of the box but there are times when you just have to throw caution to the wind.

I relieved a couple of spots and it seems to work OK now. I still have to get used to the finger pushin thing but so far so good.

Mine was the same way with my Para P18.

I put some heat to the offending corner of the holster along with a little pliers pressure and curved it out just a tad.

Works fine now and didn't affect the looks of the holster. A friend of mine did the same thing to his Serpa as you did

to make his P16 fit. Either method works fine.

Craig

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Blackhawk has redesigned the serpa to fir the para high caps. They appear to have even been molded to fit a crimson trace laser grip. As for the one you already have, dotto on the heat and bend.

Dwight

The left hand ones have yet to be redesigned because "the mold has not worn out yet due to lower manufacturing volume vs. the right hand verson" according to Blackhawk!.