Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bomar Trouble

SRT Driver

They go in real tight even if you file the bottom a touch. Are you using a pusher or just trying to drift them in with a punch? If you're trying to drift them in it will take a pretty good bump to make them move. I use a Glock sight tool and they still require a lot of pressure.

You ought to get the sight pusher --- I know it's expensive --- and it only makes the job easier, not easy. Or find someone with one. You should attempt to drift the new sight in from right to left, and you might have to file the sight base a little. You also might have to clean out the notch in the slide, I usually hit mine with a wire wheel. A little bit of oil on the sight base and the sides of the nothc makes it slide a little easier.

O.K. --- don't be offended here but: Are the set screws backed out to where they won't interfere with the installation? I screwed that up once --- and it took me twenty minutes to figure it out....

My Heinie Slant Pro sights were a real tight fit.

I got a bit worried, so I called Richard Heinie. he said i wasn't beating them in with enough force. :D

(I used a 4 pound hammer :) )

Because Richard Heinie said so...I beat them in. But, if I were putting them on somebody else's gun, I would "touch" the sights with a fine stone, or a gentle file.

If you have a gunsnith in your town, they would likely install them for $10-20...while you wait.

If you post on GlockTalk...you might find somebody in your area that has a sight pusher for borrow/rent.

(you might bive the people at Bomar a call too. Get their input.))

Heinies are a very tight fit. I have installed hundreds of Bomar BMGLs and they all slide right in with almost no resistence, that why they have set screws. Sounds to me like you got the wrong sight.

Well Matt has certainly installed a lot more Bomars than me but they've always required effort when I've installed them. :)

If you have the MMC rear sight and are not too committed to the Bomars have a look at this:

Here's what I did for sights on my G23:

Put on a plain black MMC rear and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a file and Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low.