Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Nordic Tube info

GIO

• 2 months later...
Here's something too.....I made it up, one of these days I'll get it out to everyone.

post-2749-1231284848_thumb.jpg

Hello - I am a brand new M2 (tactical 18.5" barrel), and purchased the +3 tube from Cactus. It does fit perfectly and ends just before the barrel.

I am having 'worries' about cutting down the spring as it says in the instructions. I did an initial cut to about 16-18" beyond the end of the tube, but only get 5-6 rounds in the tube (should get 8 if the specs are correct - original says 5+1, NC +3....)

I have not had it out to function test yet, but am I being overly worried.

Should I shoot it a while as it is not, and see if it loosens up? or cut another couple inches off.....

Thanks for any help

J

Here's something too.....I made it up, one of these days I'll get it out to everyone.

Hello - I am a brand new M2 (tactical 18.5" barrel), and purchased the +3 tube from Cactus. It does fit perfectly and ends just before the barrel.

I am having 'worries' about cutting down the spring as it says in the instructions. I did an initial cut to about 16-18" beyond the end of the tube, but only get 5-6 rounds in the tube (should get 8 if the specs are correct - original says 5+1, NC +3....)

Should I shoot it a while as it is not, and see if it loosens up? or cut another couple inches off.....

Thanks for any help

J

You will only get 6 with a +3 tube. The "+3" is on top of the base capacity of a M2 which is 3 without any type of extension. 3+3=6. If 6 is hard to get in you can trim your spring a bit. I have an 18.5 M1 and i purchased the +3 and an extended end cap which gives me 7+1 and I can put one on the carrier giving me 8.

Thanks for any help

J

You will only get 6 with a +3 tube. The "+3" is on top of the base capacity of a M2 which is 3 without any type of extension. 3+3=6. If 6 is hard to get in you can trim your spring a bit. I have an 18.5 M1 and i purchased the +3 and an extended end cap which gives me 7+1 and I can put one on the carrier giving me 8.

I guess removing the factory part changed the capacity from 5 down to 3, then added the +3.....

I wish that had been clearer, only 1 extra round hardly seemed worth it. I may look for a longer barrel and other extension.

Thanks again.