Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

major 9

rkgsmith

In speaking with Bruce Gary after my proposal was voted down, it appears to be on the verge of becoming a reality. The BOD's big concern was liability from the wording of the original ban. They have acknowledged that most .40,9x and supers are over SAAMI specs so they opened up a bigger liability issue. Bruce told me that once the annual audit was done that the legal firm was to be given the task of coming up with proper wording that puts the responsibility for all equipment on the shooter. Basically if you blow your hand off from an over pressure load or some other mishap you are the sole bearer of the burden.

• 6 months later...

Some of you have already looked at the pages "IPSC or USPSA Questions (if you haven't take a look) concerning the upcoming Major 9 vote. I've been elected by our chairman to come up with some published loads to support the campaign. If anybody has some favorites I would greatly appreciated it. I'm looking for current data, Ie. Powder, Bullet, OAL, and velocity if possible. Thanks, and long live the major 9.

I've been using these loads for approx. 3 years. Never had any problems.

175PF:

Gun: SPS open (4 hibrid ports, 6 ported comp)

brass: Remington; V-V 3N37 (8.3gr); primer: WSPM or WSR; OAL: 1.220; Speer 124gr FMJ; av.speed: 1431 fps

165PF:

V-V 3N37 (7.9 - 8.0gr); av. speed: 1305 - 1320 fps

These loads were safe in my gun but I wouldn't use them with shorter OAL than 1.220!

DVC!

Klev

Will check my data this eveningl I concure that 9x21 loads where the OAL is within 9x19 specs are all fair game for demonstrating what is obvious to the rest of the world: 9x19 loaded to meet major PF (now, even lower!!) is just as safe as any of the other loads we have allowed in USPSA.  Can you honestly say that 9x19 at 165 major is somehow less safe than .38 Super was at the old 175PF? Anyone remember there ever being a lawsuit against USPSA because we allowed .38 super at the old 175PF?