Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Trio Of Limited Minor Guns

jhgtyre

This is my main Limited blaster. It is a former .38 super open gun with the comp chopped off with STI adjustable rear sights and an EGW fiber optic front sight installed. I ground off the checkering on the grip, did the cut under the triger guard, painted it black, and stuck on the grip tape.

sti_limited.jpg

This is my daughters Glock 19 limited gun. It has a brass magwell to add a few ounces, trijicon sights (it came with them and she likes them), and a JP mag release. With the Arredondo base pad she gets 23 in the mag.

g19_limited.jpg

This is a Colt 1991 .38 super with an STI hammer and mag release, McCormick trigger, Wilson beavertail and mag well. I coated the grips with skateboard tape and contoured them so that the extended mag release could be low profile and still have some room to move.

colt.jpg

They may only score minor but they are too fun to shoot and at our weekly steel match they don't score major/minor anyway! :D

-ld

The Lim-10 blatser is very stylish, with the fixed sights. Looks like a real workhorse.

Yeah those fixed, and tiny, sights are going to go as soon as I get the budget for it. I am thinking the Colt needs some Heinies in the back and a nice fiber optic in the front.

-ld

Ever shoot any Major or near-Major loads through the Limited Supers? Just wondering what it's like.

The load I shoot for minor comes in at around 139pf but I have run some loads that were 170pf through them both. In the STI, which has a bull barrel, the hot loads felt a little bettter than shooting major .40. I haven't weighed it but I would imagine the bull barrel is heavier than a comparable .40 cal bull barrel and I am sure that helps. In the Colt, which has a VERY skinny barrel, the recoil was too snappy for my tastes. I haven't measured split times or anything like that so I don't have any "hard" evidence just my own feeling to go on.

-ld