Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Sin City Shooters Multi-Gun

Happy New Year!! :D

This year's Sin City Multi-Gun Matches will be held on the 2nd Sundays of the each month from February through November (10 matches this year). We're planning to start the year with 5 MG stages including at least one with long range rifle (targets out to 325-350 yards). We'll also be planning some slug shots so plan on bringing at least 10 slugs.

Our matches are held at the Desert Sportsman’s Rifle and Pistol Club. You can go to the club website for maps and directions at www.dsrpc.net. Match fees will be $13 for DSRPC members and $16 for non-members. Our matches will follow the current USPSA Rulebook(s) using Time-Plus scoring.

Set up begins at 6:30 am and help is always appreciated. Sign-ups start at 8:00 am. Shooting will start at 9:00 am following a brief shooters meeting at 8:45.

I'll be the MD this year with Larry Lebeau assisting. Feel free to contact us here in the benoverse via PM or Post with any questions, comments or suggestions. I can also be reached via e-mail at chbpm@embarqmail.com. You can also catchup on the other Sin City USPSA Pistol and Steel matches at our website: http://www.lasvegasuspsa.com/

See You At The Range

I'll be there. I just got the tools to rebuild my AR today. Now I need to buy another shotgun... :unsure: I'm going to be the MD for the USPSA matches at DSPRC on the 1st and 3rd Sundays. There is a Steel match on the 4th Sunday too, so anyone wanting to shoot on a Sunday in Vegas- we'll have a match for you!

Keith Wright

• 4 weeks later...

Two weeks away & counting down!

Larry & I have be scheming up some fun stuff.

Stage 1: Desert Run - All Shotgun

Stage 2: Which Way? - Rifle(<80 yds.)/Pistol/Shotgun

Stage 3: Too Fast #2 - Shotgun/Pistol

Stage 4: House Guests - Pistol/Rifle(close)

Stage 5: Near2Far - Shotgun/Rifle(100-350 yd.s)

Approx. Round Counts (clean):

Birdshot: 75

Slugs: 10

Pistol: 60

Rifle: 60

We'll confirm the round count the week before the match. Rules will be USPSA with time-plus scoring. Check the website at www.lasvegasuspsa.com for directions to the Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol range. PM with any questions.

See Ya'll There

• 2 weeks later...

Stages are all done. Final Round Count is:

Birdshot: 54

Slugs: 6

Rifle: 49

Pistol: 45

Longest target on LR Rifle Stage will be 350.

The forecast for Saturday calls for a 40% chance of rain. However, very little chance for Sunday.

See Y'aal There!

The first match of the year turned out pretty well. We learned a few things. The desert run was great as was the long range rifle. The day went a liitle long though, we didn't leave the range 'til around 1500. We may try setting 4 stages next month with an option to shoot one of them twice. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's some links to a few videos from the match that I put up on Youtube:

Ron Sanders -

Larry Lebeau -

Jerry Bonura -

See Y'all at the Range

• 2 weeks later...

Our next match will be on March 8, 2009 at DSRPC. Match fee is $13 for DSRPC members and $16 for non-members. We're going to set 4 stages.

Stage 1: Desert Run #2 - 26 birdshot and 2 slugs

Stage 2: Hosr Rifle/Pistol - 36 rifle and 14 pistol

Stage 3: House Pistol/Shotgun - 22 pistol and 13 shotgun (we may shoot this a second time Rifle/Shotgun if time allows)

Stage 4: LR Rifle: 15 rounds rifle out to 300yd.s

See y'all at the Range. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We will be shooting this Sunday. The match will be toned down a little due to the heat. Plan on 4 stages. Setup at 0545, Sign-up at 0700, start shooting at 0700.

See you on the range!

CB

We will be shooting this Sunday. The match will be toned down a little due to the heat. Plan on 4 stages. Setup at 0545, Sign-up at 0700, start shooting at 0700.

See you on the range!

CB

0700?????? CB , Have you forgotten that I drink on sat nites!!!!! LL :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

It was great to see the Lake Havasu crew come up to join us yesterday. We had a good turnout in spite of the heat with 16 shooters. Might have got to 20 but we lost a few to the RO seminar (we're gonna have to start paying closer attn. to the rulebook).

We'll be taking September off due to the Pistol Nationals, but we'll be back on October 11th with USPSA San Angelo scoring and 5 great stages to help fine tune for the MG Nat'ls.

What happens in Vegas is generally a lot of fun! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

We're back for October 11 and the weather is lookin GOURGEOUS!! Setup at 0630, Sign-up at 0800, Start Shooting at 0900. Should be 5 stages. We're going to score San Angelo as a prep for Nat'ls. There might even be some stages that bear a certain similarity to those currently posted on the USPSA Nat's site.

FYI, There has been a fee change to $20 for DSRPC Members and $25 for all others.

See You at the Range.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last Match of 2009 will be on 12/13/09. Setup starts at 0630, sign-ups at 0815 with Shooter's mtg. at 0845. We're going to try to start shooting by 0900. Match fees will be $20 for DSRPC Members and $25 for non-members. Please PM with any questions.

Round Count will be 44 Birdshot, 6 slugs, 46 Pistol and 39 Rifle.

Long_Range_Rifle.pdf

Mixed_Up_SG_P.pdf

Mixed_Up_SG_R.pdf

Speed_Trap_P.pdf

Speed_Trap_SG.pdf

Best Regards,

CB

• 2 weeks later...

The weather is going to be crap tomorrow (wind, rain & 44 degrees). We're already short a bunch of people due to work so as much as I hate to do it, I'm canceling the match for tomorrow.

Hope to see you all in the new year!

The weather is going to be crap tomorrow (wind, rain & 44 degrees). We're already short a bunch of people due to work so as much as I hate to do it, I'm canceling the match for tomorrow.

Hope to see you all in the new year!

Sorry to hear that... no sooner am I ready to go back to 3 gun, the weather interferes. Oh well, it was going to be a late night anyway.