Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SEC RULES

Bwana Six-Gun

We lost our offensive coordinator (our 3rd one in the last 4 years) about a week after our last game. Heck...we almost lost our third defensive coordinator and we did alright. :D

I see a blow out by Florida by half time.

Rich

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we never were up 31-0, but it did seem that way. Had to remember that Penn St. answered our score in the 1st Qtr. with one of their own (and before our second one of the 1st quarter.

Yeah...pretty typical Pete Carroll. Get one more score when up by a good margin and then shut down both sides of the ball and just keep 'em comfy. He doesn't believe in the old Bobby Bowden/Steve Spurrier mentality of crushing a team 'cause you can.

And woohoo...Kentucky beat a nobody from Conference USA (and before someone says they beat a #17 VT and #8 WV; both of those losers finished with 4 losses this year).

I just love watching the Big-12 get their collective a#$es handed to them. Go Gators!

Rich

ETA: For the record, my choice for the BCS game is that it should have been Florida vs. USC. Big-12 took each other out as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by uscbigdawg

Z - sorry about your coordinator. I'll have to come out of the closet and admit to being a Mississippi State alum. Now you know why I'm just having to pull for the SEC. My team was way worse than Mr. Suber's this year, but we're looking forward to Dan Mullen and hoping he picked up a few things from Urban Meyer (who just happens to have been a Utah head coach not so many years ago).

Having said all that, Florida should take care of business, assuming they show up more ready than Bama was at the beginning of the game tonight. Remember, you didn't have Percy Harvin in the SEC championship game and still won.

Z - sorry about your coordinator. I'll have to come out of the closet and admit to being a Mississippi State alum. Now you know why I'm just having to pull for the SEC. My team was way worse than Mr. Suber's this year, but we're looking forward to Dan Mullen and hoping he picked up a few things from Urban Meyer (who just happens to have been a Utah head coach not so many years ago).

Having said all that, Florida should take care of business, assuming they show up more ready than Bama was at the beginning of the game tonight. Remember, you didn't have Percy Harvin in the SEC championship game and still won.

You guys got a good guy in Mullen.

Harvin is a game changer for sure. I think that Florida's depth is a great asset for us. We seem to get better as the game goes along.

UTAH 13-0....dang BCS, should have palyoff with the winner next week.

Winner of what game? Who else is UNDEFEATED???????????

Oh that's right NOBODY!!!!!

probably would be if they played in a true playoff system. But we will never know. :roflol:

Good Job utes.

Yup,,,Utah probably teh best team right now imo but we will never know due to no playoffs. We can only hope someday.............

I saw too many mistakes made by both teams to be called the "Top" team. Watch the UO vs Florida game coming up. You will see the instincts and If a team is dominating they don't let up (Like a team like USC). Utah needed to keep coming at the QB and keep putting pressure throughout the game and the score difference i think would've been bigger.

'bama?

We'll have to take what we can get. As mentioned in other thread, 6-2 in bowl games, 7-2 last year, 3 consecutive BCS titles.

Bama was quite a letdown in the Sugar Bowl, though. The 4-million-dollar-man didn't quite have his team ready this time, and Oklahoma actually had more fight in them last night than most were expecting.

Edited by chemepharmd

That was a pretty sloppy game. Not so much fight in OK. More like screw ups by both teams and Florida just made fewer.

That said, the better team did win.

Rich

Both teams definitely made mistakes, and OK made a few boneheaded decisions as well. Having said that, really good defenses (including FL, OK, & USC, among others) have a way of causing opponents to make mistakes. Just ask Penn State.

It's really too bad there isn't a playoff system. We were in the opposite shoes a few years ago. USC blew out Oklahoma :surprise: , while Auburn went 13-0 with no chance for even a split national championship. We complained then, and now others get to complain. Next year it could be us on the short end of the stick again. It needs to be fixed so that everyone that has a legitimate argument gets their shot.