Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Cruiser

ken hebert

I like mine better.... '07 GT with a boatload of lights.

Oh yeah...rub it in. I just found out I'm getting a brand new car....which sounded pretty cool until I found out it's an '09 Dodge Avenger. I go from a Crown Vic police package to an Avenger? :sick:

Yes I did. It's two L.E.D. undercar kits wired in sequence to a Whelen flasher.

Three lighting levels. Position one is rear: 2 90w strobe bulbs in each tail light alternating sequence, R/B LED's above the liscence plate, Whelen Inner Edge LED bar in the upper rear window, R/B Whelen Talons LED in each rear quarter window facing to the sides. Position two is front: Whelen Inner Edge LED bar in upper front window, 90w strobe bulb in each fog light, R/B Whelen LEDs in lower grill, and the flashing undercar LED's. Position three is pursuit: Soundoff wigwag on the headlights, another one on the fog lights, and add the flashing take downs from the front Inner Edge bar. All controlled by a Federal Signal hidden switches and siren driver unit which is mounted in the trunk on a custom slide out tray, which holds a fire extinguisher and a SL20X. Speaker is a Whelen SA315P mounted behind the grill, custom mount. Also made a roll bar for it and mounted a horizontal shotgun rack/lock, 8 sec timer, hidden release. In the trunk you have the slide out tray with the electronics already mentioned as well as an AR15 rack on the inner deck lid, 8 sec timer and hidden release, 5" white/red ticket light in the center w/ switch, and red and blue LED's on a mercury tilt switch so when the trunk is open youstill have lights to the rear.

attached is a pic of the siren/switch unit.

post-7974-1230260862_thumb.jpg

Three lighting levels. Position one is rear: 2 90w strobe bulbs in each tail light alternating sequence, R/B LED's above the liscence plate, Whelen Inner Edge LED bar in the upper rear window, R/B Whelen Talons LED in each rear quarter window facing to the sides. Position two is front: Whelen Inner Edge LED bar in upper front window, 90w strobe bulb in each fog light, R/B Whelen LEDs in lower grill, and the flashing undercar LED's. Position three is pursuit: Soundoff wigwag on the headlights, another one on the fog lights, and add the flashing take downs from the front Inner Edge bar. All controlled by a Federal Signal hidden switches and siren driver unit which is mounted in the trunk on a custom slide out tray, which holds a fire extinguisher and a SL20X. Speaker is a Whelen SA315P mounted behind the grill, custom mount. Also made a roll bar for it and mounted a horizontal shotgun rack/lock, 8 sec timer, hidden release. In the trunk you have the slide out tray with the electronics already mentioned as well as an AR15 rack on the inner deck lid, 8 sec timer and hidden release, 5" white/red ticket light in the center w/ switch, and red and blue LED's on a mercury tilt switch so when the trunk is open youstill have lights to the rear.

We need video.

And what are the 8 second timers for?

We need video.

And what are the 8 second timers for?

It's for the gun rack.....When you press the hidden release button, you have 8 seconds to get the gun out or it locks back again.....

Ken...Is that a D.A.R.E. car or some other special service vehicle ???? If that's a regular patrol vehicle, I'm applying at your department !!!!

(I work for the largest Ford police vehicle upfitter in the states) It was my demo for last season, took it to sheriffs conventions, fleet managers conferences, police chiefs shows, ect., for booth material/show off/eye candy. We do something like this every year, but it's getting harder to out-do yourself every year. After we were through with it, it was sold to the county we are located in and wound up as a constables car, until it met an untimely demise. <_< So, sorry, no video.

I've built several 'stangs, mainly unmarked solid color, but have done some black and whites with light bars, very sexy!

Anyone got an idea for me for something new? Last two were the Mustang you see here and a similarly upfitted Tundra 4dr. Keep it to Ford and Toyota plz. I'm kinda leaning towards a new Edge. Lotsa potential there for a SSV.

BTW: thanks Flex.

Edited by ken hebert

Did stuff like that crap back when we were working pro car stereo. Like to think I've moved up in the world, if not clientelle.

When I left car stereo I ended up taking the only 4 guys with talent in the business here locally with me over to the police car upfit world, none of us have looked back since. It's funny, just Sunday for the first time in 6 years my wife and I were looking through the old piles of pics I have of the weird stuff I wired up: golf carts, motorcycles, pleasure and race boats, Mercedes, Ferrari, show trucks, hoopties, super redneck vehicles--you name it.

But, the boats were fun. The biggest, most annoying one was a local judges boat that ended up with 48 Sony marine 6.5's, 4 Kicker 10's ported, 4 Sony 2200w amps, Sony CD deck/10 disc changer, and 4 8D batts providing the juice. UNBELIEVEABLY LOUD!!! I've got hard prints of it, if I can find someone to scan them I'll post.