Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA club affiliation/Area 7

kimmie

Hi All - I'm happy to say that I have an application in process to have my home club become USPSA affliliated!!!!! I'll be working on this with a fellow USPSA shooter - don't know if he's on this site or not.

My home club is Boston Gun and Rifle Association in Dorchester, Ma and our new group name will be - BOSTON URBAN ACTION SHOOTERS. How cool is this!

We are seeking a waiver to hold winter month only matches as we're an indoor range and there is a pretty well established group of clubs that hold matches every weekend during the spring/summer/fall months in Area 7. We will be holding matches starting in January and then in February and March. If this proves to be successful, next year we'll probably start in November.

We are going to start out with 4 classifiers and limit the match to 25 competitors, pre register, pre pay. The next 2 matches will be a combination of 2 classifiers and 2 regular stages.

We'll also be holding practice nites monthly.

I am really excited about this and will keep you posted as we move along. I know there are some Massachusetts folks on here so I'll post match info, registration address, etc. sometime next week.

Moderator - is this o.k?/the right place to do this??????

So........... what do you all think???????

Donna

Edited by kimmie

We are going to start out with 4 classifiers and limit the match to 25 competitors, pre register, pre pay. The next 2 matches will be a combination of 2 classifiers and 2 regular stages.

I am really excited about this and will keep you posted as we move along. I know there are some Massachusetts folks on here so I'll post match info, registration address, etc. sometime next week.

Donna

Donna,

We should probably move this thread to Match Announcements --- if not now, then certainly when more info rolls in. Second thought: In order to run more than one classifier per match, you need to run a "Classifier Special" which allows you to run from 2-6 classifiers. You may only run a Classifier Special twice a year --- so you might need to consider going to three stages/one classifier for at least one match....

You might try contacting Forum Member Rob Boudrie (the Area 7 Director) or the Northeast Section Coordinator (Click here for Northeast Section Page) for assistance in getting started, getting your classifier special approved, etc.....

Good Luck --- and welcome to the crazy group of people who think that putting on matches is fun and rewarding.... :D

Hi All - I'm happy to say that I have an application in process to have my home club become USPSA affliliated!!!!! I'll be working on this with a fellow USPSA shooter - don't know if he's on this site or not.

My home club is Boston Gun and Rifle Association in Dorchester, Ma and our new group name will be - BOSTON URBAN ACTION SHOOTERS. How cool is this!

We are seeking a waiver to hold winter month only matches as we're an indoor range and there is a pretty well established group of clubs that hold matches every weekend during the spring/summer/fall months in Area 7. We will be holding matches starting in January and then in February and March. If this proves to be successful, next year we'll probably start in November.

So........... what do you all think???????

Donna

Donna,

Drop Dan at Harvard an email, he can get you all set with the Special classifiers and such.

Looking forward to some "urban practical shooting" next year.

However, you going to have protection for us country folks when we are parking down there in the big city?

:P

Hi guys - thanks for the support and the info. We're actually working very closely with Dan and Rob on this. Dan is our section coordinator and is handling our application.

But it's good to know about the classifier restrictions - wow - there's going to be so much to learn.

And yeah - I'm one of those crazy folks that think this sounds like a lot of fun! :roflol:

Thanks

Donna

However, you going to have protection for us country folks when we are parking down there in the big city?

Easy - Carpool 4 people, use a 2 x 2 cover formation (covered in Die Hard) to get to the unmarked door on the sidestreet :). The way things work in MA, it's the locals with those dang "no concealed carry" Boston permits and not the "country folk" who have the naked journey.

Easy - Carpool 4 people, use a 2 x 2 cover formation (covered in Die Hard) ...

Now that is funny.. I just saw that that the other night.. what a great line from James "Jimmy" Trivette from Walker Texas Ranger fame.

:cheers: