Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Age and Treachery

Paul Santiago

I played racquetball the other day for the first time since 1992. Well there are a couple of guys I work with who play after work. Racquetball discussion starts and I told them I used to play. They ask me to come play if I promise not to die on the court.( :angry: ). I agree to play and their trashtalking starts. I'm 51 now and 80 pounds or so overweight. They're both younger than my kids.

We played 3 games on Tuesday. The result... Mr. Decrepit - 3, young studs - 0.

I told them it ain't about speed and power. It's about finesse and putting the ball where they ain't....

I think I came up with a new definition for "Silence of the Lambs".......

They will probably beat someday but until then I will try to remain humble and gracious and take just a little satisfaction that I ain't dead yet.

Give 'em hell ... and take this as an opportunity to start your post-holiday-new-year's-resolution exercise program! You kicked keester once, get yourself in shape so the rematch doesn't land you in the cardiac cath lab.

... live long, and prosper ....

Yah, used to pull something like that on the younger troops in the Army. There wasn't anything that they could do that I could not do better. Not faster or higher or anything like that, but better. Used to piss them off when the the work got over their heads and 'old' Sgt Smith would walk in and get them caught up in 30 min. Tried just that much harder next time to keep up so I wouldn't have to embarrass them. You could spot the good ones because they were the guys who were watching to see what I was doing differently. Once they figured it out, they started being the ones that everyone else turned to for advice.

Still works that way today with my clients. You don't have to be bigger or faster, you just have to be 'smarter'.

Edited by Graham Smith