Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL550B press issues?

The RL550B I had 10 years ago I did not have issues with it at all and completely smooth on everything but this press I am having issues. The two powder arm levers that are gold looking on the side of the powder measure that the rod hooks to. The outer bracket control arm has a bent part that bends inward (the part facing forward) catches and hits the inner corner of the casting of the powder measure. I don't think its supose to be bent at all. Is it supose to be straight.

Also I have two other issues not remembering my old I don't think it did it either. The primer bar has a catch place in it when the primer part is going forward toward the shell plate, its when it starts out of the primer tube base it catches not sure if its normal.

Also the place is the primer bar- primer cup when it gets to the shell plate it at times catches hard there think on the shell plate or something not sure yet.

Ideas?

yes, this arm is supposed to be bent. This arm blocks the return of the powder bar until the failsafe rod pulls it down at the end of the upstroke of the handle. The primer slide should not drag. It sounds like the stop screw that ends forward travel needs to be tweaked slightly, to center the primer cup coming up through the hole in the platform.

My screw is fine. The primer cup it fine. Its the powder funnel hanging up on the case which my old setup did not do that. Also the white plastic guide sleeve on the guide was the other one causing it, funny how it fools ya sometimes where its coming from.

As far as the powder measure arm thing I don't like that it hits the body, if this is normal then I hate it, thats the only annoying thing keeping mine from being smooth now.

Edited by bravo2