Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Georgia Steel Match

cliffwalsh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'll be there as well...seeing the the venue is ALMOST in my "Back Yard", I'd never hear the end of it if I missed it...BTW, Mrs. 3-5-7 is buying me a Christmas Present that MAY HELP my times...or maybe not...we'll see....mikey357

...I'll be there as well...seeing the the venue is ALMOST in my "Back Yard", I'd never hear the end of it if I missed it...BTW, Mrs. 3-5-7 is buying me a Christmas Present that MAY HELP my times...or maybe not...we'll see....mikey357

Heck Mike it is in my backyard, it is at my home club and I have never shot it.

I even was hanging out there during the match last year and I didn't shoot it.

HOWEVER, I have logged a little more practice this year. :cheers:

I knew you would be there Mikey.

You getting a rifle????

Details Cliff????

You never know where or when 3 crazies from Michigan will show up.

Sue

Come on down. It must be warmer in Georgia than in Michigan. I'll buy the beer.

Details Cliff????

You never know where or when 3 crazies from Michigan will show up.

Sue

Little birdy tells me there is a family of three coming down from Michigan.

I hope they bring plenty of moons.....

Ok our app went in the mail wednesday and we are coming down to thaw for a couple of days

How many revo shooters are we going to have?Sue whimped out and is shooting a bottom feeding rimfire but will be shooting her 686 for te first run.I am shooting revo for the revo division and rimfire.

See ya all next week end

Steve

I think last year there were 6 or 7 revos. I think there might be more this year.

I shoot my 617 in 22 irons but don't do very well.

What hotel are you at?? You driving down?

I knew you would be there Mikey.

You getting a rifle????

...man, that HURTS...I'll have you know that they time me with a REGULAR SUNDIAL, just like everybody else!!! ...and after I didn't even tell the guy MARVELLING at YOUR "Time" last year that you were using a "Racey" eight-shooter, and NOT the "Six-shooter" that he THOUGHT you were using...I SEE how it's going to be...hhmmmpf!!!... :closedeyes: ....mikey357

Ok our app went in the mail wednesday and we are coming down to thaw for a couple of days

How many revo shooters are we going to have?Sue whimped out and is shooting a bottom feeding rimfire but will be shooting her 686 for te first run.I am shooting revo for the revo division and rimfire.

See ya all next week end

Steve

Here is the site: http://www.griffinsteelmatch.com

...man, that HURTS...I'll have you know that they time me with a REGULAR SUNDIAL, just like everybody else!!! ...and after I didn't even tell the guy MARVELLING at YOUR "Time" last year that you were using a "Racey" eight-shooter, and NOT the "Six-shooter" that he THOUGHT you were using...I SEE how it's going to be...hhmmmpf!!!... :closedeyes: ....mikey357

If I used a 6 shooter, I would have 2 or 3 reloads a stage. I run the 8 shooter dry enough as it is. After all, I'm no Carmoney; I'm just Carmoney's bitch.

Edited by cliffwalsh

I think last year there were 6 or 7 revos. I think there might be more this year.

I shoot my 617 in 22 irons but don't do very well.

What hotel are you at?? You driving down?

Cliff,

We're driving down, taking advantage of the $1.50/gal gas while we can. We don't have reservations anywhere yet. Can anyone recommend a place, perhaps even with an indoor pool?

BTW, Jeffro bought himself 3 new revos today. He should man-up and get his carcass down there for the match and try out the new guns.

[

Cliff,

We're driving down, taking advantage of the $1.50/gal gas while we can. We don't have reservations anywhere yet. Can anyone recommend a place, perhaps even with an indoor pool?

BTW, Jeffro bought himself 3 new revos today. He should man-up and get his carcass down there for the match and try out the new guns.

We are staying at the Griffin Inn and Suites. http://www.griffininnsuites.com

I think it was $60 a night. The pool is not indoors though. I have never stayed there before but it looked closer to the range that the other hotels I saw on the net.

We'll be there Friday afternoon. Call me when you get in and we'll get a beer.

If I used a 6 shooter, I would have 2 or 3 reloads a stage. I run the 8 shooter dry enough as it is. After all, I'm no Carmoney; I'm just Carmoney's bitch.

Hell the other week I almost ran my 8 shooter dry twice on one run. :-)

Pendulum my first 3 runs were as good as I can shoot it low 4's. Then I started thinking about what the hell I was doing. 4th run I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. 5th run picked it back up and only used 7 shots. :-)

I would say we could all meet at Marias mexican resturant Friday evening but I have no idea when i can get there since I will be working at the range all day.

Probably 7 or so.

Wait I think we should meet at El Durango about a block away from your hotel.

Then you and Dave can stumble back to you room. :-)

I would say we could all meet at Marias mexican resturant Friday evening but I have no idea when i can get there since I will be working at the range all day.

Probably 7 or so.

Sounds good, anyone else??

Tony, Mrs. 3-5-7- is kind of a "Mexican Food Snob"--sounds like an OXYMORON, I know--so...we usually eat at "La Parrilla" in either McDonough or Fayetteville...where's "El Durango", and do they serve the kind of "Liquid Groceries" that Cliff'll be looking for???... :cheers: ....mikey357

Probably 7 or so.

Sounds good, anyone else??

We got a jacuzzi room at the Griffin Inn. 7:00 sounds good for dinner. We have a 12 hour drive so we'll be heading out of here early on Fri. Cliff, PM headed your way.

Sue

Tony, Mrs. 3-5-7- is kind of a "Mexican Food Snob"--sounds like an OXYMORON, I know--so...we usually eat at "La Parrilla" in either McDonough or Fayetteville...where's "El Durango", and do they serve the kind of "Liquid Groceries" that Cliff'll be looking for???... :cheers: ....mikey357

Across from the old Wal Mart building just up from Auto Zone.

Oh yeah they will have something Cliff will like. :cheers:

And Powers package store is another block away if he needs more. :-)