Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Square Deal

What's a fair price for a used SD. Interested in getting a dedicated 9mm setup. I can see that I'd probably be better off with a 550 in the long run but I have a Rock Chucker already. If I end up buying a new press it wil be a 550 for sure as the difference isn't that big of deal and I already have all my dies

thanks

What's a fair price for a used SD. Interested in getting a dedicated 9mm setup. I can see that I'd probably be better off with a 550 in the long run but I have a Rock Chucker already. If I end up buying a new press it wil be a 550 for sure as the difference isn't that big of deal and I already have all my dies

thanks

The SD is a terrific (and somewhat underated) little press. Price for a used one is going to depend on a lot of things but IMO, should not exceed 80% of a new one. That said, you can usually find one for a much better deal with a little digging. They're constantly on eBay and other auction sites, Craiglist, etc. Occasionally you can snag an older one that's pretty well worn for a ridiculously low price, box it up and send to Dillon for a flat-rate rebuild and have a press that's essentially as good as new. Figure your purchase price, your 1-way shipping charge and $39.95 for the rebuild on a deal like this and compare with other machines that are already in good "ready-to-go" state.

Thanks. I've been watching them on ebay for the last few days.. They seem to close pretty consistently in the 220-250 range. I'm gonna pull the trigger on one as I have seen 17 of them close. If I don't like it I'll list it and resell.... worse case I lose 20$ for the experience.

I shoot about 200 rds every couple weeks. My brother in law the same and Dad just got a new XDm... I can probably recoup my investment before the end of the year.... lol

I also shoot a G20 that has gotten old loading 10mm on the single stage. I like loading but don't have the time with a 4yr old around. I'm teaching her how to trickle powder and to deprime .223 just to keep her busy.

Thanks again and sorry for the obviously redundant post now that I found the search button....

Rustysocket's price range sounds about right. I paid $200 for mine locally about seven years ago, slightly used. But it came with three sets of dies and a few little extras. Still, if you can find one in the aforementioned price range, you'll have a nice press that'll save you money on pistol ammo and won't take up much bench space at all. B)

I have been reading and reading and reading... isn't the internet wonderful. My wife "suggested" that it would not be such a great idea to buy something so close to christmas. And come to think of it I haven't been able to find the dillon catolog for a while.

But, buying now will save money. :devil:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74902

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

Sent you a PM

Timbo