Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ford Ranger Tires

Hi,

Went out to go home last night and saw that the right front tire on my '98 Ranger was half flat (or half full if you are the optimistic type). After closer inspection, it seems to be time to replace them all. Any suggestions for a 2WD, seldom loaded, and only drive off pavement when the road to the range is gravel?

TIA,

Chuck

Chuck - Go to Pep Boys or Les Schwab. They both have some SUPER cheap tires for like $30/each. When I worked at a hot rod shop we used these all the time for cars in progress of renovation. Easily a 30k mile tire and good enough for what you need.

Rich

ETA: I think Pep Boys calls them Futura.

Edited by uscbigdawg

do you have a budget? i always like bf goodrich all terrain but expect to pay over $500. i owned a 93 ranger and i currently own an 01 ranger. i decieded to go with a quiet tire since most of my driving is highway, about an hour a day.

Still working that. I might just sell it but the Boxster may not be the best choice for a full-time-only car. The thing only has 110K miles on it and cars out here will just go on for ever it seems. The last tires were Michelin that were rated for 50K and got 65K. If PepBoys has one to fit, I just might get a low end tire like Rich suggests and at that price, 2 sets of 30K tires will cost the same as one set of 60Ks!