Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Issue 9mm

I just got my Dillion Xl 650 set with case feeder to load 9mm. I am loading W231 powder (4.8 gr) . The problem I am having is everytime the shell plate indexes to the next station powder seems to jump out of the case. I know the 9mm case is a little short but I am losing to much powder on each round. I checked and the shell plate is snug, no vertical movement. Seems like when the dedent ball locks in place the plate

jumps and powder comes out. Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

I just got my Dillion Xl 650 set with case feeder to load 9mm. I am loading W231 powder (4.8 gr) . The problem I am having is everytime the shell plate indexes to the next station powder seems to jump out of the case. I know the 9mm case is a little short but I am losing to much powder on each round. I checked and the shell plate is snug, no vertical movement. Seems like when the dedent ball locks in place the plate

Thanks

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584

Thanks

Remove the shell plate and trim the spring that holds the ball bearing. Start with 1/2 a coil. In the 650 tips and trick thread there is this and a ton of other helpful items..

It is in the reloading section.