Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon round counter

There should be a small black threaded rod that screws into the end of the shaft with a lock nut on it. You insert that into the crimp die and adjust the length of the rod until it advances the counter with a round in the die. I used to have one of these on each of my crimp dies. unfortunately, if you load lead bullets, they mark the top of the bullet. If you're missing the rod, just take the counter down to Home Depot or Lowe's and find a long screw or threaded rod that will fit the threads.

I'm currently converting to a homemade electronic counter. The counter is an electronic unit purchased from granger and the sensor is an opto circuit mounted to the chute so that the bullet breaks the beam as it falls in the chute. The advantage to this is that one counter will work for all heads (and not have to be removed from the machine when you change toolheads). It will also count rifle rounds (and others that don't have a separate crimp die.)

On my 650 it mounts through the crimping dye.

Thanks for the answer. Is there some kind of plunger that goes in the crimp die? Mine has a threaded shaft hooked to the counter.

There should be a small black threaded rod that screws into the end of the shaft with a lock nut on it. You insert that into the crimp die and adjust the length of the rod until it advances the counter with a round in the die. I used to have one of these on each of my crimp dies. unfortunately, if you load lead bullets, they mark the top of the bullet. If you're missing the rod, just take the counter down to Home Depot or Lowe's and find a long screw or threaded rod that will fit the threads.

I'm currently converting to a homemade electronic counter. The counter is an electronic unit purchased from granger and the sensor is an opto circuit mounted to the chute so that the bullet breaks the beam as it falls in the chute. The advantage to this is that one counter will work for all heads (and not have to be removed from the machine when you change toolheads). It will also count rifle rounds (and others that don't have a separate crimp die.)

On my 650 it mounts through the crimping dye.

Thanks for the answer. Is there some kind of plunger that goes in the crimp die? Mine has a threaded shaft hooked to the counter.

Sounds like what I'm looking for. Do you have pics, part #'s, etc.

Edited by racesnake