Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My I introduce myself and ask a question about slides

Freddie the Swede

Hi,

First I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Fredrik Lundbeck, 43 years old and I'm from Sweden in Europe.

I have been shooting IPSC since 1987 and I have been in the US around 11 times to compete and to meet my IPSC friends in Phoenix AZ.

I'm proud to say that I have shot together with Arnt Myhre many times. At several occations I have also met and shot together with Robbie Leatham and Brian Enos (mostly skeet and trap).

I have learned a lot from Arnt who might be one of the best shooters that I have met in my life (including Robbie Leatham and Brian Enos).

I consider Arnt Myhre as one of my best long time friends outside Sweden.

We have been friends since the 1991 and still talk guns, shooting, life and.......;0)

Many years ago I remember that Brian Enos, Doug Boikin and some other shooters took me out eating to a Mexican resturant and had me eat some food that was soo frigging hot and spicy that I still can taste it today.

Thanks for that Brian, I'd bet that you and the guys had a real laugh on me, my face and tounge got soo red and I sweated as a pig. I think that it was in 1995 when Arnt got married.

Now to my question;

Many years ago I got a Caspian slide from a friend that he thought was a 38 super slide. After testing it on my 38 super gun it had lots of ejection problems and measured the breach face. It was slightly larger than my 38 slide. The slide is unmarked on the outside so there is nothing telling me what caliber it is. Well it's not 45 since that case won't fit at all.

I don't know what the widh should be if its a 40 SW so I need some help.

Is there any other way to tell what caliber a slide is? Markings inside or???

Or what size has a 40 SW?

Well that more or less sums it up.

Cheers

Fredrik Lundbeck

Tyreso Pistol Club

Stockholm, Sweden

My OPEN gun

SPS frame

Caspian slide

Nowlin 38 super barrel

Earschel mfg 4 chamber comp.

C-more

Gunsmithing by Frank Glenn (barrel) and myself (the rest of the gun)