Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber Ultra SIS

drglock

Not sure if this would be the correct place to put this so forgive me if it is'nt But has anyone shot one one of these or if you own one what do you think of them(looking at getting one for a new carry gun)

I've shot one. They aren't much different from shooting other Kimbers. That is to say the SIS shot well, looked good, and was reliable. I'm not sure it is worth the cost, but that is just personal preference. I don't believe you will be disappointed, especially if you've shot other Kimbers and liked them.

My son purchased one (SIS Custom) when he graduated the academy this past year.

He loves it.

It shoots great.

Once he got it broken in it has had 0 malfunctions, jams, etc whether we shoot reloads or factory ammo.

Good weapon shoots accurately and is made well.

JK

The sight is too bulky and the finish of these SIS kimbers sucks. Ive refinished several of these already from owners that were less than impressed with the polymer finish.

other than that, a good frame/barrel/slide setup

Did they hate the finish because it was polymer or because it was poorly applied polymer?

-ld

The sight is too bulky and the finish of these SIS kimbers sucks. Ive refinished several of these already from owners that were less than impressed with the polymer finish.

other than that, a good frame/barrel/slide setup

Did they hate the finish because it was polymer or because it was poorly applied polymer?

-ld

poorly applied.

very thin. They call it kimpro, or something. Its basically gunkote/ Norrels.

Which isnt hard chrome by any means, but its still a pretty good product when applied properly.