Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best factory 9mm for production class

firematt100

I just ordered a CZ SP01 Shadow (ordered from Angus w/ spring and trigger job) and will use it in production next season. I just don't have time to reload, so what do you recommend for factory ammo?

I was thinking Atlanta Arms AMU stuff. I have used AA in open before and loved it.

Thanks for the advice.

Here's another vote for AA...the once-reloaded brass is just fine and a little cheaper than new brass version. I used many, many thousands of 147 grain rounds before beginning reloading and based my reload formula to capture what I liked about Atlanta Arms. Fine stuff, reasonably priced, always great service.

Curtis

We use American Eagle 115's in the SP01's. The WWB is not reliable enough, problems with ignition.

It is a heavy gun with a very fast slide, opposite of the polymer guns. There is negligible muzzle flip with hotter 115's.

I am another that will reccommend the Atlanta Arms stuff. We can't buy it down here, but I scored two packets out of Robert Vadasz when he came here for the NRA AP World Shoot.

I used it in two different Ruger Carbines, a Kimber 1911, a Glock and my M&P. I shot very accurately out of all of them especially my Ruger Carbine at 100M. The only thing that was consistantly better was my home loads using Zero 115gr JHP. But none of the factory ammo we used was as good.

For the small amount more that it is over WWB etc, I would be getting a carton of it for what you are doing.