Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for 686 or model 27

JAB

Hi guys I need some help im looking for a good holster for my S&W 686 6'' barrel or my S&W Model 27 5'' barrel. I like leather but im open to other types I would like to use them in IDPA matches

I thought IDPA limited revolver barrel length to 4 inches.

That being said, I used a Bladetech kydex holster for my 5" 625 when I shot IDPA. When IDPA started making barrel length and holster restrictions, I drifted to USPSA and ICORE.

I now use a CR Speed World Shoot II model holster for my 6" 686. I have it mounted on a CR Speed belt with a gob of California Competition Works full moon clip holders. I use the same set up for ICORE and USPSA revolver division. My 686 has been modified to accept moon clips.

John

Blade-tech makes excellent kydex holsters. Usually, don't have to wait a long period of time to get them. For leather, I really like Milt Sparks. They are expensive and take about six months to get but superb quality. Alot of shooters here in the Pacific NW like Kramer's holsters. There are a ton of leather holster makers out there. The good ones are usually expensive and take a long time to get.

That being said, I used a Bladetech kydex holster for my 5" 625 when I shot IDPA. When IDPA started making barrel length and holster restrictions, I drifted to USPSA and ICORE.

I now use a CR Speed World Shoot II model holster for my 6" 686. I have it mounted on a CR Speed belt with a gob of California Competition Works full moon clip holders. I use the same set up for ICORE and USPSA revolver division. My 686 has been modified to accept moon clips.

John

It is, but you can shoot a gun so as to comply with the law of the land. You just can't shoot a 5" in the US for competition.

A handgun with a barrel length of less than 106mm is prohibited unless you owned one before 1994 and you became grandfathered, like me.

I have a Blade Tech for my 4" 625 that I like.

It is, but both RePete and the OP are from the Great White North. ;) That place is even worse than California in terms of wacko gun control laws, so IDPA HQ permits them to shoot >4" barrels.