Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI opinions

RangerTrace

SV machining is the best in the industry. Their finished guns are almost too pretty to shoot! Brandon has the operation running well now and I have been very impressed by the guns coming out of there. I LOVE my limited SV and will Never sell it. Almost had them build me an open top end, but decided to build my first ground up gun instead since I already had an STI frame anyway.

So, start saving!

I'm going to have to side with stockton, SV can really put together a solid gun, the quality is there.

Of course there were some little problems during break in, but once I got over them, it was really reliable.

I wouldn't trade my SV for anything.

My next gun is going to be a sight tracker!!

Just have to get it past the misses.

I've been trying to decide what do buy for awhile now. Sv or st. I'm leaning toward the sv. I wish I could find a used one in 9mm for idpa. That sounds like a good place to start with one. Maybe I won't get thrown off be for talking about idpa,but I thought some of the uspsa guys might have there old idpa gun in the safe waiting for me.

Brandon

Get a .40 bushing gun. 155gr. minor for IDPA, 185 gr. major for USPSA. Trust me.

I've been trying to decide what do buy for awhile now. Sv or st. I'm leaning toward the sv. I wish I could find a used one in 9mm for idpa. That sounds like a good place to start with one. Maybe I won't get thrown off be for talking about idpa,but I thought some of the uspsa guys might have there old idpa gun in the safe waiting for me.

Brandon

Get a .40 bushing gun. 155gr. minor for IDPA, 185 gr. major for USPSA. Trust me.

Very good advice. Most versatile setup you can get, & 40 minor feels softer than 9mm.

The SVI's seem to be a better built gun than the STI's. I'd put an SVI up against ANYONES Custom Built guns also... I got my first SVI last year, took 3 Months from order to delivery which was fantastic! The gun runs just as good as my best Custom built STI. My 'Smith even likes the quality of the SVI's and he's very meticulous about quality of parts. I ordered another SVI for this year and will get another one next year. They're great guns!! Keep up the good work Sandy & Brandon! Hope to have my new one by Christmas :)