Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy Here

steveyacht

While I am new to the USPSA and will be getting involved in local matches, I need some advice. I currently own (among others) a Para-Ordnance P14-45 Limited (Stainless) and an S&W 625-6 with a 5 inch barrel I want to shoot in the Limited class only, don't want to jump into the Open class this soon. My questions are these:

1) What sort of modifications to these guns are recommended? What costs for these mods can I expect?

2) I have three high capacity magazines, (all Para) how many will I need? What should be done to expand capacity?

3) Best Place to get the gear I will need? I am not opposed to buying used stuff, but have not found a source other than E-Bay.

4) I want to (eventually) become involved in the Three Gun stuff, but, that will be another post.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Steve

Welcome to the Forums, Steve. :cheers:

Might want to start off in Limited 10 Division with your Para P14. That way you will not miss the extra capacity that a .40 has and you will be able to shoot competitively without spending to much $$$. Get a couple of more mags and a good belt, mag holders and holster and go to work. You might want to skim through the results of This Search and pick out the threads that appear to be informative.

I would suggest one of the sellers here in the Dealers Forum for any items you might need to get started. Most of them are heavily involved in shooting sports and know what it takes to make it happen. :)

Steve,

My suggestions to your questions as a new shooter are as follows:

1) Shoot some other folks guns like yours that have been modified. Pick the mods that you like then move forward from there. Not all mods work for everyone.

2) Three mags will get you started. Personally I like 4 mags. One in the gun 3 on the belt. Again, its what you are comfortable with and how reliable your mags are. It also never hurts to have a few extra just in case you do have a big stage.

3) Classifieds here in the forums. USPSA classifieds under the members page of the USPSA website. Also, check out the venders links on the USPSA website.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forum.

Mike Foley at Shooters Connection has been my "go to" guy when I needed something but wasn't sure what I needed. (Chuck brought me some gear all the way to the GA State Match from Kentucky)

HSMITH has always offered tons of free and invaluable advice.

Benny Hill does awesome pistolsmithing work at a VERY reasonable price.

Chris Patty at CPWSA has been excellent as well. He'll even deliver gear to you at the match if he's there.

Matt Cheely is an absolute artist.

These guys are all members here on the forum and I have had dealings with each of them and all 100%. The ppl here in the Enoverse are 1 of a kind, I have never been a part of a better online community of straight up dudes.

Mike Foley at Shooters Connection has been my "go to" guy when I needed something but wasn't sure what I needed.

+1 on Mike Foley! :cheers:

Stay safe,

A.T.

Basically what these guys are telling ya. The Para will be fine in L10, the 625 great in revo. There are tons of people on this forum that can slick both of those guns up for you.

My suggestions for the para:

CR speed inner/outter belt

CR speed mag pouches

Kydex holster (for newbies plus its not that much slower than a race holster) and I like comp-tac

lots and lots of ammo and have fun!

My suggestions for the 625

CR speed inner/outter belt

Speed E rack or North Mountain moon clip holders (I currently use used california competition ones as they are cheap)

Kydex Holster, again I like comp-tac

Ranch moons for 35$ 100 shipped or hearthco if you have the $$$

Get the trigger slicked up by one of the awesome revo guys here on the forums