Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Web sites with gunfire!

-JQ-

Current "best practices" dictate that prior to starting audio on a web site, the user should agree to start the audio - best practices not law but...dang

Web sites that think it is cute/cool/otherswise to just start playing gun fire -- that ia a big NO GO.

I sent the "site" a note to this affect as well...this is a Major provider of "Competitive" products...not one of our vendors here however...

OK OK I surf while at work...I LIVE on the internet for work...really...even so it is NOT acceptable in most workplaces for the sound of gunfire without warning...I would have at least turn the sound down...now...I won't go back...

That is just plain dumb...

You do know by surfing non work related sites that you are in fact stealing bandwith from the company you work for.....

....oh wait isn't that what I'm doing now? :lol:

One could here a mouse fart in my office so I have to use headphones all the time because of sites that like to blast stupid crap.

....oh wait isn't that what I'm doing now? :lol:

I'm just doing RESEARCH on these sites...getting ideas, inpiration for working...and advertising my web video/photo capability to others...

...just like you...RESEARCH :cheers:

I agree... Use the mute, or headphones when surfing at work... you never know when you might get something like that otherwise. ;)

Sorry for you cubicle guys...no head phones needed here...unless we are shooting video and then it is all hands on deck anyway...

I was merely commenting on what a "professional" web site should not do...sort of like those sites that have MIDI-music in the background...SOOO 1998

...like using a 45 SS in open these days...just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD!

Current "best practices" dictate that prior to starting audio on a web site, the user should agree to start the audio - best practices not law but...dang

Web sites that think it is cute/cool/otherswise to just start playing gun fire -- that ia a big NO GO.

I sent the "site" a note to this affect as well...this is a Major provider of "Competitive" products...not one of our vendors here however...

OK OK I surf while at work...I LIVE on the internet for work...really...even so it is NOT acceptable in most workplaces for the sound of gunfire without warning...I would have at least turn the sound down...now...I won't go back...

That is just plain dumb...

I don't think there are many web site owners who consider this a "best practice." Go to ESPN, or any of the myriad websites just like them. The video commercials start as soon as it loads.