Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp-Tac or Blade Tech ?

55fmj

I bought a comp-tac from a local retailer for concealed carry at work. Liked it so much I ordered a second for my production rig. I have compared Blade tech mag pouches and comp-tac side by side and liked the comp-tac much better. Had trouble contacting Blade Tech about an order where their website had stated I would receive items much faster than I did. They were good about the return (I had ordered comp-tac gear in the mean time!). A lot of people like the Blade tech though. It is good gear too.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a bladetech doh and a comtac for SW625. Offered both to my brother for his birthday. He chose the baldetech because of the DOH. No loss since I get the comptac. Both nice holsters, but the DOH can be a deal breaker.

I sent CompTac an email back in the fall asking if they were considering a DOH. I figured since they were putting the Tek lok on some pouches it might be a possibility. No luck right now though, below is the reply I got.

A DOH is something we have looked at and tried a few prototypes, but we haven't come up with anything we liked. It's still a possibility for the future, but I can't give you any kind of timetable as to when we might have something.

Josh

Comp-Tac

P.O. Box 1809

Spring, TX. 77383

281 209 3040

For SS is the DOH option legal? If I understand the rules you can only use the Belt holster model. Before I buy one or the other if someone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

Can't use the Drop Offset attachment for it but if you use the belt attachment your good to go.