Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jammed two of my fingers tossing a football!

BlackSabbath

Did this last night at my son's football practice catching a ball. Middle and ring finger in my off hand. I have steel match this Sunday.

Any suggestions from you medical types? I iced it , but the first joint in each finger is bent down.

This really sucks. <_<

Did this last night at my son's football practice catching a ball. Middle and ring finger in my off hand. I have steel match this Sunday.

Any suggestions from you medical types? I iced it , but the first joint in each finger is bent down.

This really sucks. <_<

Google "mallet finger" and get it treated. Won't get better on its own, hard to treat later.

Thanks for the info, you two.

My father-in-law is a Doc., so both fingers are now in a splint for about 6 weeks. I can take them off for matches, though. Thank God.

Cheers to you! :cheers:

Ironically, I just did a lecture this morning called, "The Jammed Finger" on all kinds of 'trivial' finger injuries and how they are treated. Then I logged on and saw your post. :cheers:

I was just walking down the hotel stairs the first morning of the World Shoot, slipped on a wet patch, grabbed the handrail and got my strong-hand ring finger caught in the trelliswork as iI fell.. I managed to shoot the match but I feel your pain.