Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too Little Trigger Finger

Mo Zee

I have recently noticed that I was using too much trigger finger which meant that I was not consistant with any of my shots. I have built some plastic gizmo on the right side of my gun so that not too much trigger does go in. With that said is there anything called "shooting with too littler trigger finger"??? I have not yet shot the gun but it does feel quite comfortable.

Thanx for the comments

The faster I go, the more "finger" I put into the trigger. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I honestly think people put way to much emphasis on how much finger goes in the trigger. If you pull straight back and release straight out, it doesn't matter if you are in the middle of the first pad or buried clear to the first joint.  Do what's comfortable and see what you need to see.

I posted this someplace else a long while back... "Too little trigger finger" and "Too much trigger finger" are some of the many areas on those "Target Analysis" targets that claim to tell you, based on where your shots land, what you're doing wrong. They're OK for bullseye-type shooting, but not very useful for diagnosing high-speed shooting problems.