Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 10 round Mag issues

prreed10

The ten rounders in .40 are a different story....

I tried using 10 rounders on a G22 some years ago (when the Clinton Ban was still in effect) and I had my fair share of malfunctions; mainly stovepipes. Is this a common problem with these mags?

The reason I stopped using the 10 rounder is because of the spring tension making it really hard to seat a fully loaded magazine. This made magazine exchanges really S-L-O-O-O-O-W...

• 4 weeks later...

I went back to the 17 round mags for the last 2 matches - No problems at all. I am just really careful in counting when loading. All of my 10's are all fully loaded and have been since I started the post. I will keep them like that and try them again after the 1st of the year. I hate to put them aside and not use them - I have 17. ;) Thanks for everyone's help.

I went back to the 17 round mags for the last 2 matches - No problems at all. I am just really careful in counting when loading. All of my 10's are all fully loaded and have been since I started the post. I will keep them like that and try them again after the 1st of the year. I hate to put them aside and not use them - I have 17. ;) Thanks for everyone's help.

I would look at selling those 10 rd mags and replace them with 17rders.

Might be a better investment in the months and years ahead!!

I had a similar problem with .40 ten rounders causing malfunctions in my G35. My solution was to disassemble the mags and file down the plastic tab that served to keep the magazine from holding more than ten rounds. I didn't have to take much off....just enough to take all that pressure off the top round.

For Glock 9mm 10 round mags if you get a OEM Glock 9mm1 or 9mm3 (these are standard capacity followers) and use them in the 10 round mags it's generally fixes the feeding problems. The newer 4th gen followers won't work in the 10 round mags.