Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A fall to remember...

SiG Lady

Owing to many months of ideal weather conditions, this year's fall season in Eugene has been nothing short of jaw-dropping. Plus, we've had no storms yet this month to blow any leaves off the trees prematurely (and, believe me, that HAS happened in the past). There's this one tree here in the complex that displays well each year for the most part, but THIS year was breathtaking--even for THIS tree! :surprise:

post-1852-1224800808_thumb.jpg

post-1852-1224800819_thumb.jpg

post-1852-1224800829_thumb.jpg

post-1852-1224800844_thumb.jpg

Very Nice. I am jealous. Seems we never get really good fall colors here in northern california.

I miss that from back east where I grew up :( Fall used to be my favorite season!

Fall is my favorite time of the year also. I love the smell and cooler temps and the colors. It just doesn't seem to last as long as it use to. Lately we have been going right to the freezing temps.

We don't always have 'perfect' falls here, either; but this year has been rare and nice. No big storms yet (plenty cool at night, but that sometimes turns the leave quickly), but just this long, gradual slide into late fall and lots of color this time around.

This particular tree will go thru a couple or three stages of turning leaf. The photos happened over today and yesterday (and it actually changed a lot since yesterday, due to overnight lows of 30-32). I'll post the tree in decline over the next coming week or three, so you can see where it goes when it's on the way out. Unless it pours rain, of course. But the weathercast for this week is continued calm and sunny. It's going to be a great fall in Eugene.

We don't always have 'perfect' falls here, either; but this year has been rare and nice. No big storms yet (plenty cool at night, but that sometimes turns the leave quickly), but just this long, gradual slide into late fall and lots of color this time around.

This particular tree will go thru a couple or three stages of turning leaf. The photos happened over today and yesterday (and it actually changed a lot since yesterday, due to overnight lows of 30-32). I'll post the tree in decline over the next coming week or three, so you can see where it goes when it's on the way out. Unless it pours rain, of course. But the weathercast for this week is continued calm and sunny. It's going to be a great fall in Eugene.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing with those of us not so fortunate this year. :cheers:

Oh, we've had our "not so fortunate" years as well, believe me! Some have been notoriously underwhelming. But with the trees getting much bigger every year (I've been here over 15 years), the chances for nice-lookin' fall seasons tend to increase with the years. B)

I'm officially jealous. We have had a very dry Summer. That means the leaves are going from green directly to brown.

It sucks! Kentucky is so beautiful during the fall or anytime of year for that matter but the drought has really hurt the colors here this year.

Edited by Loose Brass

I'm officially jealous. We have had a very dry Summer. That means the leaves are going from green directly to brown.

I have to second Aiki, Down here it has been a bit on the dry side. Lake Shasta actually matched the 1992 level and a lot of stuff is visible again <_<

Larry, come up to Redding and take a day trip North, East or West and you can usually see some color.