Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Gun Nationals Slots

The USPSA office has recently announced that there are a number of slots available for both the Open and Limited matches at the back-to-back Race Gun Nationals (Bend, Oregon in September).

Those who went to last year's Nationals, or the Area-1 this spring, know that the Bend club has put together some great stages. The matches promise to be fun and challenging.

Contact the USPSA office for details about how to get a slot...

Bruce

What's the dealio Bruce.

Why are there slots still left? :(

Lack of interest, or the fact that there are 500+ slots to fill for the two events in one week.

Dang, at this rate, you might have to put them on ebay..... :P

(going...going....gone for 55$!)

Vince: Yes, and Yes (no price changes as far as I know)

Flex: In theory the deal still stands, but I don't know whether they already have all the staff they need. Best bet would be to check with the USPSA office, to see whether they are still accepting staff applications.

TDean: My own personal opinion is two things: One, the slot distribution process is time-consuming... the office sends out a batch of slots to the first tier of recipients, with a deadline. Any slots that are not accepted by that deadline are voided, and then are re-sent to the second tier of recipients.... and so on. Each pass takes a number of weeks... so, by the time the office has touched every section that requested extra slots and every member on the waiting list, we are well into the season, and people have already made their summer plans.

I also think that we have out-run "demand" for the last couple of years... my own personal opinion is that there are about 300-400 people in the country that will go to a Nationals no matter where it is, and another couple hundred "local" people that will go if it is within a day's drive, wherever it happens to be (i.e., Washington/Oregon/Idaho/Northern California people when it is at Bend, etc). This year, with 4 matches (3-gun, factory, open, limited) at two different venues, I think we diluted that pool of 300 more than we have in previous years... not all of them wanted to go to all the matches (or both the venues). I would *love* to see big matches like this sell out, but I don't think that is reality... especially with airline travel being such a headache these days.

Bruce

What's the dealio Bruce.

Why are there slots still left? :(

Lack of interest, or the fact that there are 500+ slots to fill for the two events in one week.

Dang, at this rate, you might have to put them on ebay..... :P

(going...going....gone for 55$!)

I got a letter from the USPSA on Friday (along with my official ballot).....it basically said "wanna go to the race gun nats???? Call us!".