Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need info .40 S&W using 155 grain LSWC

KAL

I have a box of super hard cast .40 in 155 grain SWC.  I am using Universal Clays for powder for some added safety factor, And I really like this powder in my .45's very clean. I have to shoot lead to be able to use the indoor range to practice. They will not even allow copper coated bullets. I can not find any load data on 155 Swc's so far. Using a STI edge and 2 Sigs a 226 and 229  Thanks

Hey Kahana  I guess we are the only ones to what to shoot lead anymore. ( well I have to at least Until I can get outdoor range time. I still have not found data. Even in the Lyman's cast manual.

KAL,

Actually up here in Nor. Cal. there is a pretty good amount of lead being shot. Most of team Laser Cast is up here and I get to shoot the local matches with them on a regular basis.

Which reminded me I had the answer to my own question in my library.....

This leads me to the post.....

From the LaserCast manual.....

155gr Lead RNSWC

Powder      Grains    Velocity   Max Load   Vel.      MinOAL

Universal    5.1         1066       5.6           1136   1.135

Test Gun: Enterprise 5"     WSP

Should be a starting point for you........

Take care,

gr

(Edited by kahana at 12:22 pm on Dec. 4, 2002)

Kahana Thanks,  you just might have saved my Sig. I was thinking of starting out at around 5.8 to 6.0 grains. Now with the data you supplied out of the laser cast manual that would have already been above their listed max. See if you can get a contact for Laser cast, I would like to ordered up one of their manuals.

KAL,

Shipster beat me to the punch.........

Oregon Trail/LaserCast is great to deal with. All my experience has been online(multiple orders), but the service is great. Most the time you get an order confimation the same day, 2 at the most followed by the arrival over your order within a short time. My last order 2 days had passed and I had not gotten a reply from them. I was at the point of wondering what's the problem with my order when I walk out my front door only to be greeted by the Fed/Ex driver with my order...........

You can order online, they sell the Manual online also but last I saw if you order 2000 projectiles they will send it to you no charge.........

Take care,

gr