Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mo State Championship

I know not many of you from MO/AR area, but anyone going to this match?

They request that we submit squadding requests with Match Entry form and I thought it would be cool to shoot with one or two of you guys. Oh - wait - haven't done this in a while. Maybe it would be good to request squads you AREN'T in. ;)

Anyhow - hope some of you will be there.

JB

What is the match date? I was talking to my brother back in Missery tonight and he told me Doc Watson was playing Springfield on Oct 12. I probably wouldn't leave Wyoming during hunting season to shoot a match. But a match and Doc???? Maybe that elk will still be hanging around when I get back.

Doc must be close to 80. It may be my last chance to see him this side of the Great Divide. By all reports he still "has it". Greatest picker who ever played the country guitar in my estimation. Last time I saw him was probably 1980, at the Orpheum Theater in Memphis. Merle was still with us back then. It was a show to remember.

Is this the one?

Central Ozarks Practical Shooters 2003 MO Fall Classic State Championship

Match Dates: 10/03/03 - 10/05/03

Level: Tournament

Point Series: State/Sectional

Email: pmherman@earthlink.net

I can't find a match website...or any other info. I emailed the contact. I'll post his response.

I received an email back from the contact listed above (see my earlier post). It is kinda long. It has the match application attached. Probably best to send for all that yourself (too long to post here).

Sam, I emailed Bryant about this match. If he can make it..and you can make it..and JB and Mink are going to be there...I'll try to find a way to get there myself. (Sounds like we could have a great squad!)

You'all let me know ASAP...I might have to start sell blood/plasma a few times a week to make the trip. :D

Flex,

Don't know if JB is me - but I will be there. I even have it on my work calendar. That takes an act of congress these days.

How do we want to handle the squad requests?

JB

Guys, I've shot the COPS match a few times, and it is a hoot. Best way to handle squad requests is to mail them all in together. Send them all to one squad member, and let that person slip them into one envelope and send them.

In past years, the Rolla Chamber of Commerce has hosted a cook-out with burgers, dogs and beer on Saturday night. I think the locals use it as an edge for the Sunday morning man on man steel shot.

I think Steve Anderson is in too. (No arm twisting needed.) He will most likely unlease his Caspian Open Blaster on the "Show Me" state.

I will shoot some type of Limited (slight chance for L10).

Wildman, will you be shooting the match? (Good shooting with you at the FGN!)

(yes, JB = BarnesStormer B) )

I'm shooting Lim-10. Looking forward to this - should be fun (and nerve racking)

I told my wife tonight - I'm nervous as hell about this Sunday's match. I can't imagine what I'll be like at the MO State Match.

Anyhow - this'll be cool!

JB

Flex, I'm gonna try and be there, but there are some other conflicts right now. Have to get a little closer. There will be a pretty good contingent from the KC area there. Hope you guys give'um hell!

Oh yeah, we have got to get a squad together!!

Squad for far (if everybody is for it?):

1. BarnesStormer (Jack)

2. who??? (Matt)

3. Bonedaddy (Sam)

4. Sir Links-A-Lot (Kyle)

5. Brass In Air (?) (Bryant)

6. Pick one and Practice (Steve)

(Wildman?)

That's what i like about you Kyle! :lol:

Sometimes I just need somebody to hold me accountable and tell me to get my butt there.

I would make the trip just for the chance to squad with you guys.

Well, this probably means eating antelope all winter instead of elk. But, I'll start planning on it. What the heck, I'll bring jerky for the the squad.

Flex

Forgot to put your name on your list (despite how obvious it is)!

Do you want us to send entry forms (and checks) to you? If so we need to arrange. Otherwise I need to send mine in.

Let me know!

JB

Ok, you guys have really tempted me. The opportunity to squad with all of you sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna look into it seriously and should know whether or not I can go by next week or so. It's only 500 miles or so from here, but it is the week before the MS section championship match which I will be working and helping to put on.

I have met Kyle, Steve, and Sam (briefly), and saw Matt pick up his plaque at Area 4. It would be a pleasure to meet and shoot with all of you in MO. I imagine I'd be shooting Limited, unless this new Open gun is just too much fun to resist...

Bryant

I'd rather mail in my own entry form and have you babysit! :D

Really I don't guess it matters - as long as we all request each other. When is everyone sending there info in - so we can at least have it arrive at similar times?

JB

• 2 weeks later...