Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" sight tracker

bigsaxdog

finally got all the stuff today, i'm gonna build one! i know, it ain't legal, blah, blah.... my question is, the barrel is .697, and the Infinity slide i just got is .703. is that too loose? i've built a couple of bushing guns, but this is my first bull barrel gun, and i don't know how tight to be? i'm thinking with the 6" it's gotta have some more room to lock down, but i have a 6" bushing gun that's tight, and it locks down fine, so...... i just got the slide today, frame yesterday, and now i've checked all the dimensions. this one kinda bothers me. help me out, y'all.....dave moss

finally got all the stuff today, i'm gonna build one! i know, it ain't legal, blah, blah.... my question is, the barrel is .697, and the Infinity slide i just got is .703. is that too loose? i've built a couple of bushing guns, but this is my first bull barrel gun, and i don't know how tight to be? i'm thinking with the 6" it's gotta have some more room to lock down, but i have a 6" bushing gun that's tight, and it locks down fine, so...... i just got the slide today, frame yesterday, and now i've checked all the dimensions. this one kinda bothers me. help me out, y'all.....dave moss

It's going to be legal very soon! The current rule says 500 complete guns or major components have to be manufactured for the gun to be added to the list. Well, I just happened to be there when Mike Calloway of Schuemann Barrels was talking to John Amidon about this very subject. Mike can document producing more than 500 6" Sight Tracker style barrels. I believe John told him that all he had to do was to get his area director to bring it before the board as a motion...or something similar. I know that Mike spoke with his area director and a few other folks and they were supportive. So, by the time you get it done, it might be legal :cheers:

It's going to be legal very soon! The current rule says 500 complete guns or major components have to be manufactured for the gun to be added to the list. Well, I just happened to be there when Mike Calloway of Schuemann Barrels was talking to John Amidon about this very subject. Mike can document producing more than 500 6" Sight Tracker style barrels. I believe John told him that all he had to do was to get his area director to bring it before the board as a motion...or something similar. I know that Mike spoke with his area director and a few other folks and they were supportive. So, by the time you get it done, it might be legal :cheers:

Yep...I spoke to Mike at the Nationals and he told me the same thing that Bart just posted. Mike is dead serious about it since he has a 6" "SightTracker" style gun.

this forum is cool!! you guys are fast..... i just get paranoid over thousanths when i start this stuff off, you dig? actually when i ordered the barrel, wil shuemann was talking 'lawyerese' if it wasn't approved, so i figured it would be good. pretty dumb rule anyway, so..... i'm threatening to start a '6" sight tracker blog' thread so everybody could gig me for all the stuff i'm doing wrong. have to take some pictures and get off my a$$..... thanks for the help......

i got another question.... been trying to fit the slide/frame today. the damn frame rail slot in the slide is pretty narrow, .740 or less. i got the front slide rails narrow to .745, and it's still galling bad, not even close yet. i'm about to call infinity and bitch. the rear frame rails are .753, as were the front ones, pretty much spec, as per the kuhnhausen book, this slide is maybe .015 less than minimum spec. am i getting too narrow for the frame rails? help me out.........

Edited by bigsaxdog

i never had this problem with the rail dimensions. i'm just concerned about getting the frame rails too narrow, kind of hard to get .007+ width out of the slide slot without the mill, and i don't really want to go that way, don't have a saw... just pissed that a high zoot infinty slide would have the dimensions that far off. try some more tomorrow. thanks.......